Wanny hates Drew too! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny hates Drew too!

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins | Wannstedt Upset Over Comments
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:57:12 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt was upset by comments made by agent Drew Rosenhaus, who said Denver Broncos QB Brian Griese would unseat starting QB Jay Fiedler if signed by the Dolphins. "Does it bother me? Yes when something is said that's untrue and nonfactual. Our players pay no attention, because they know Drew. But if a true Dolphins fan is listening, they're the ones I feel bad for because this is supposed to be professional sports-media reporting. That's not sports reporting. Let's be honest. That's "Entertainment Tonight." I hope our players and fans consider the source whenever anything is said by him on that station. It's comical," said Wannstedt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Rosenhaus Comments on Griese
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:53:32 -0700

The Denver Post reports the agent Drew Rosenhaus, predicts Denver Broncos QB Brian Griese will beat out Miami Dolphins QB Jay Fiedler for the starting job should he sign with the Dolphins. "Jay is a good player, but Brian is not coming here to be a backup. Brian is too good to keep on the bench," Rosenhaus said.

The scary part if the Fiedler's thumb starts bothering him and Wany will have no choice, Drew can always come back and say "I told you so".

I hope teams will give players a hard time in the future if they sign up with Drew. This way everyone will think twice about signing with him.

Perhaps Wanny isn't as aloof as previously thought. His offseason is ever so slightly making me change my mind on him. Keep it up Wanny.

On a sidenote, I swear I saw Wanny leaving the 7-11 by my house in Califoria today. I mean I know it wasn't him, but this guy was a dead ringer. Smoking a ciggy and drinking a Slurpee. I think that is why I was almost sure it was him. :lol:

Those comments are like two weeks old...nothing against you gonk but, why would the Herald just get around to running them yesterday?

Yeah, I posted the Entertainment Tonight stuff a week or two ago. Where's the Herald been?? Maybe they just got around to reading Finheaven yesterday. :)

Originally posted by inFINSible
Those comments are like two weeks old...nothing against you gonk but, why would the Herald just get around to running them yesterday?

If I stop posting for a bit , you can thank infins and his signature.

The real crappy part about Wanny's comments is.. it leaves no room for Greise to compete for the role of the starter.. who knows, Brian might be better than Jay.. but to hear Wanny's closed minded comments is wrong..

Drew may be a jerk with a microphone.. and when asked, Wanny should have left it at that.. but to close down the competition for the starting role even before Griese has signed is idiotic..

If I was Greise.. I would look elsewhere to sign first.. I mean.. what proffesional athlete is content with sitting on the bench???

I think Wanny could start Griese after all, but is gonna be his decision and not Drew's!

Face facts guys. How could ANY coach say Griese might start when he has not even signed? What happens if he signs elsewhere? How would Fiedler think then?

Back
Top Bottom