Wanny is NOT a good coach, plain and simple..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny is NOT a good coach, plain and simple.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Im sick of all this "look at his record" talk! ......the only reason he has a good record is because every year he is loaded with talent....If we didnt have all this talent on this team, take it for sure that wed be another catastrophic franchise like the Bears.....Or do you guys honeslty think Wanny can take a team from scratch and take them anywhere??? You can give this guy 10 years to rebuild a team and he wouldnt get anywhere.....the truth is, the record that Wanny has with us is credited to the players , not the coach....its all the talent that we have thats been winning us games and Wanny, being a bad coach as he is, doesnt know what to do with all this talent.....I just hope hes gone, .....a diffrent GM will not solve this problem because Wanny will still have the on-field decisions...and everyone knows how conservitive he can be....

and also, most people dont understand.....even with an upgrade at offense and Wanny as our coach we will get nowhere!!! Didnt we upgrade our defense last year??? Didnt we upgrade our whole team from last year??? how much more upgrading do we need before we have to prove that Wanny is no good.....do we need all-stars at EVERY position???...heck, I dont even think Wanny would win the big game like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
You are about one of 5 people on these site with a brain man. Most of these rednecks couldn't find their *** with both hands and a flashlight, how are they supposed to figure out that this organization is now officially a ****ed up organization. One of 6 AFC teams to miss the playoffs the past 2 years, I bet the Fins are among another 1 or 2 that will not be in the playoffs for the next 2 years, either. But these people will still by this team and their moronic leader. It's too bad that people are too damn ingorant.

Agreed! Finally someone who isn't blinded by the stats. Like they say, stats are for losers. Fact is Dallas has half the talent and the same record. It's disgracful that this team is only 10-6. With this talent they should be 12-4 at worst.
But for those of you Wanny supporters...go ahead and be happy with mediocre. cause thats all this team will ever be under Wanny!

As long as we get a good back-up head coach we should be okay.

Dude, I certainly hope you wear sleeves on your shirts most of the time because right now I wouldn't want to be seen with that tat right now.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
A back-up head coach? WTF?
I'm sorry, I thought we were turning this into a jay hater/ jay supporter type of discussion, like GreenFin was trying to do.....I got confused .

WTF are you talking about inFINSible!?!? I didn't say diddly poo about Fiedler.

Originally posted by GreenFin
Agreed! Finally someone who isn't blinded by the stats. Like they say, stats are for losers. Fact is Dallas has half the talent and the same record. It's disgracful that this team is only 10-6. With this talent they should be 12-4 at worst.
But for those of you Wanny supporters...go ahead and be happy with mediocre. cause thats all this team will ever be under Wanny!
;)

You guys should change the name of this thread to the "Mutal Admiration Society of Wannstedt Haters" since that's all you guys are. There are basically three of you in here who keep fanny clapping one another because you all agree and you believe that agreement with your opinion somehow makes you intelligent; please! :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about Wanny coming back, I have never been against him being coach but then when you see other teams doing more with less you wonder if coaching is part of the problem. Here is part of an article that was in today's paper that might show what part of the problem is.

TOO NICE?

Wannstedt seems to be well-liked -- but not well-respected -- by his players.

He gave his players more time off, lighter practices in training camp and positive reinforcement, but the players didn't respond in kind. In short, they didn't necessarily play hard or fear him.

''Being not a captain, but a leader, I wish I had gotten more out of myself and some of the guys to have more energy,'' cornerback Sam Madison said Monday after the Dolphins were eliminated from the playoffs. ``To get that boost and that extra energy to jump-start the team when we needed it. It just didn't happen. I'm talking about basically every game.''

A half-dozen players said last week part of the problem is there is no penalty for poor play. Wannstedt rarely yells; his stern lecture after the team's 31-7 loss at Tennessee in November was remarkable because it was so rare.

''We don't have much accountability,'' one player said. 'We go over stuff in practice and then screw it up in a game and you wonder, `Was that guy paying attention?' Then nobody gets yelled at. Guys get a pat on the back and [Wannstedt] says, 'You'll do better.' Then everybody is shocked when they don't get better.''

I think Dave needs to change this approach if he wants to succeed next year. If he can do that then great.

Back
Top Bottom