Wanny on dan Scilio show "We got 10 of 11 starters on D returning" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny on dan Scilio show "We got 10 of 11 starters on D returning"

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe a slip, or simply the dolphin FO believes that O gun will play in 2004.

well, he's been tendered. So pretty much unless miami decides to trade him, he can only come back to them. If he doesnt sign he's still their property so they technically do have 10 of 11 back.

Yea he will be with the team barring any unforseen trade, now playing is another story. What I don't understand about OGun is why he is so worked up we have 4 months until the season starts, I highly doubt they are going to tie any money up with a player that has no leverage right now with June 1st cuts coming up. What if they give OGun a big bonus now and miss out on a major FA come June 1st because of it.

It the Fins want him back they will take care of him when they are done shopping and rightfully so.

PhinPhreak said:
. What I don't understand about OGun is why he is so worked up we have 4 months until the season starts,

Because he has Drew "I'D SELL MY MOTHER" hause as an agent, and Drew has probably spent every minute since January telling him how he's been getting screwed.

Just about everything Ogun is saying sound like his agent talking. In the end, we gave hin the chance and I think we'll take care of him in due time.

Ozzy rules!!

This guy is unreal. What a freakin whiner. The season is still what 4 months away! Hell even the training camps are not until like July. Why cry now? What is the benefit?

Here is an interesting thought... Lets say he does hold out and not play. Then JT (god forbid) gets hurt... If he then comes to plan and is exposed as being not as good as he thinks bc of the help from JT... Let's see him try to get a big contract then!

Oboy said:
Here is an interesting thought... Lets say he does hold out and not play. Then JT (god forbid) gets hurt... If he then comes to plan and is exposed as being not as good as he thinks bc of the help from JT... Let's see him try to get a big contract then!

Great roundabout way to prove a point there bud!
You may have just cursed our best player on the line!
:shakeno:

I don't see the reason for all the agent bashing. If Ogun did not want things handled the way they are being handled right now... they would not be going down like this. It was OGUN on ESPN spouting off and demanding trades, not Drew. In fact, I don't beleive Drew has anything to do with this. It is not his style. Generally he tries to do sneaky moves to pit one team against another, but he has never advocated holding players out of camp.

He CERTAINLY wouldn't advocate losing $1.8million in return for the $177,000 Ogun will get if he holds out until the last 6 games and risk not getting a payday next year. It is about getting the most $$$, and right now Ogun is doing nothing bu hurting his worth.

ckparrothead said:
Its ok for the FO to assume he'll be there. He ought to be in the end

Yeah -- it's just rhetoric. What else did you want DW to say? 9 of 11? That sends a whole variety of messages to other teams, DR, and Wale that range from us wanting a holdout to us being weak enough to suggest we can't get a deal done.

Gatorman said:
Maybe a slip, or simply the dolphin FO believes that O gun will play in 2004.

Very simple. Brock Marion is being replaced by Edwards or Freeman. Nothing to do with Ogunleye.

If he does hold out 3/4 of the season just to get his UFA status, he'd be worthless at the end of the season. When he came back I would say OK OGUN, you are now our #2 punter, and then I'd franchaise him as a punter and send him to NFL Europe for 4 years... sure he'd make some $, but not too much and we'd get the last laugh..

4Dfins,

I'm glad you're not running the team because that last entry suggests to me you'd be hearing the terms "union grievance" so often it would make your head spin! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom