Wanny out if......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny out if.........

vert1983

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have it figured out!!! Who did the Dolphins hire in the offseason?? Marc T. and Jerry Sullivan. Marc T. is the QB coach and interestingly the assistant headcoach. Remind you of Jimmy's last days?? Wanny came in as assistant HC and then took over. If Wanny has another sub-par year I believe that Rick S. hired Marc T. to take over as HC (that is why he is the Assistant now so that he can learn the ropes). I think this why we have seen all the confusion at the Offensive Coordinator job this offseason. Wanny got his way and stuck with his originals in that situation, otherwise i think we would have seen someone else running the O. It was obviously a power struggle and Wanny probably didnt want to look like the low-man in front of the team so he got his way. The Joel Collier thing was fishy. If anyone disagrees or knows facts let me know but this is my prediction.

????

Explain. What re your reasons? Do you have specific problems with Marc T?
(not a challenge, just curious)

I don't want to see a WCO in Miami, but more than that, I would rather go with somone like Nick Saban(LSU), Kirk Ferentz (Iowa), or Jeff Tedford (Cal.).....A college coach who is detail oriented and ready for the NFL.

bottom line is...

This is the year that makes or brakes Wanny. If he does well and we get deep into the playoffs everyone will look at the last four years and say that Wanny was a very good coach and those 2 seasons of missing the playoffs were simply a matter of playing in a tough division. On the other hand, if the team underachieves then he is out and his 11-5 and 10-6 seasons were merely the result of a top ten defense that Jimmy built and as a result, Wanny is a failure as an NFL HC. Bottom line: THIS IS IT! DO OR DIE! THE LAST STAND OF WANNY! WILL HE PUSH THE RED, CANDY-LIKE BUTTON!

Agree!

The WCO is an effective system. It can be fashioned around the players that we have. If you ask me, I think Fiedler would be more productive in the WCO (given his abilities). The only major adjustment would be a different style running game and I think RW would fit in nicely. Besides, I get frustrated when analysts call him an inside runner. He is much better with offtackle, misdirection and sweeps I think. Come on man, it isnt as if they've been tearing up the field with the current system. Bringing in a College coach is a lot riskier than simply changing a scheme-let alone, a scheme that has seen much success in the NFL.

vert1983 said:
The WCO is an effective system. It can be fashioned around the players that we have. If you ask me, I think Fiedler would be more productive in the WCO (given his abilities). The only major adjustment would be a different style running game and I think RW would fit in nicely. Besides, I get frustrated when analysts call him an inside runner. He is much better with offtackle, misdirection and sweeps I think. Come on man, it isnt as if they've been tearing up the field with the current system. Bringing in a College coach is a lot riskier than simply changing a scheme-let alone, a scheme that has seen much success in the NFL.
I would still rather have one of the coaches I mentioned over Trestman. Sorry, that's the way I feel.

BTW, never wanting to be uninformed, I did a search on Trestman and came up with an interesting story....I started a new thread....check it out, you'll probably like it. ;)

vert1983 said:
We shouldnt change our whole offensive sytem right now(or next year for tht matter). If A.J. turns out to be the real deal, then hell start next year, and he would not b an effective WCO QB. If Jay starts AGAIN next year (which i find unlikley) hell still only have 2 good years left in him at most, and thts if u consider ne Fielder years good. If we were to switch to WCO, i would think ud have to do it with a young star QB tht fits the system, and a RB who can manage. I personally want Fassel still(assuming Wanny doesnt do good this year).

Personally I can't stand the WCO. Besides I don't think we have the players to fit the WCO and you definately need the right players. AJ has a nice arm and the WCO helps QB's w/o arms. Ricky fits any system, but Chambers and Boston are more of vertical recievers.

if we would run more sweeps and keep rickey bouncing outside his ypc would definately go up

I think Wayne will realize he got burnt that way once before and bring in new blood.

Back
Top Bottom