Wanny up to his old tricks of tearing up football programs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny up to his old tricks of tearing up football programs

idaho

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
It is not like Pitt shouldn't have know better than to hire Wanny. The guy has stunk everywhere he went. Now they are calling for his head in Pittsburgh after the loss to Bowling Green. If someone for Pitts hiring committee had been a finheaven member it could have saved them alot of heart ache. I was curious as to how they were taking their loss and found but a sample of the fan outrage from their fire wannstedt web page.

"feel sorry for the football players of the University of Pittsburgh. The have been burden with somebody's dirty laundry and political placement of Dave Wannstedt. I'm not sure what Wanne has on the Dean or Athletic Director but it's got to be something. I just don't get it. He loses and remains employed. He carries a losing record a bad mustache never the less he will always have a job.
He was in the right place at the right time with Dallas Cowboys, but since then he's murky dismal for teams he's coached: Bears, Dolphins and Pitt Panthers. Just when you thought his luck was going to change, the Panthers begin the 2008 season ranked #25 AP poll. But at the end of the first game they'll be out of AP's top 25 as Wanne's team lost today to Bowling Green 27 -17. "

Do the right thing FIRE Dave Wannstedt today.

It is not like Pitt shouldn't have know better than to hire Wanny. The guy has stunk everywhere he went. Now they are calling for his head in Pittsburgh after the loss to Bowling Green. If someone for Pitts hiring committee had been a finheaven member it could have saved them alot of heart ache. I was curious as to how they were taking their loss and found but a sample of the fan outrage from their fire wannstedt web page.

"feel sorry for the football players of the University of Pittsburgh. The have been burden with somebody's dirty laundry and political placement of Dave Wannstedt. I'm not sure what Wanne has on the Dean or Athletic Director but it's got to be something. I just don't get it. He loses and remains employed. He carries a losing record a bad mustache never the less he will always have a job.
He was in the right place at the right time with Dallas Cowboys, but since then he's murky dismal for teams he's coached: Bears, Dolphins and Pitt Panthers. Just when you thought his luck was going to change, the Panthers begin the 2008 season ranked #25 AP poll. But at the end of the first game they'll be out of AP's top 25 as Wanne's team lost today to Bowling Green 27 -17. "

Do the right thing FIRE Dave Wannstedt today.

He's a Pitt alum and must have it in pretty well with the donors and AD. Anyone dumb enough to hire him isn't likely to get smart enough to fire him unless the pressure gets to be too much from the fans and donors.

he's an awful coach at any level. i'd be nervous if he was coaching my kids pop warner team.

that's how much of a joke dave wannstedt is.

Meh. Far as I can tell, he's put some talent on the field for Pitt. Give him a season and he may put together a good team.

Go Bowling Green State University....

that is awesome that BG beat Pitt since i go to bowling green state university :p

Meh. Far as I can tell, he's put some talent on the field for Pitt. Give him a season and he may put together a good team.

so being ranked in your home opener and losing to bowling green is nothing more than a hiccup???

College football is all about recruiting, and Wannstedt has brought in solid talent to Pitt. That said, they always seem to choke.

Also, to say that Wanndstedt is a terrible coach is a bit over the top. Is he a great coach? Probably not. But he had a serviceable NFL career and is doing ok at the college level.

Also, he was a tremendous defensive coordinator back in the day.

Plus he's one of the only mustache-laden head coaches of all time.

Its been so bad here last few year, I would love to have a 'wanny' type season this year.

yeah we can cuss wanny all we want but id take his 10 wins a season right now. He made some bad decisons but he also won alot of
games.

The problem with Wanny is that he is easily out coached. Give him superior talent and he'll win a few games. Give him marginal talent and he cant scheme his way out of a paper bag.

Dave Wannstedt never won a game in Miami....ever

His teams won games but he was not the cause of that one iota.

Maybe he forgot to hang a lobster trap in the locker room before the BG game? :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom