Wanny will recruit Pitt into the ground | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny will recruit Pitt into the ground

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today. It didn't matter what round Wanny was picking in, he just didn't know how to pull talent from a pool. He was fine at trading away picks and players for proven stars, but not at predicting who would become a star...for the most part.

This is evident when comparing Eddie Moore and Channing Crowder in relation to their draft positions. One looks like a star while the other looks like a scar.

So I'm thinking that unless Wanny sticks strictly to the AP position rankings coming out of highschool, he's going to get jazzed up about a series of bums and within 4 years Pitt will look like UCF from last year.

Can we please stop starting threads about individuals that noone cares about and focus on the here and now?! Dave who? University of Who?

Week 1 vs. Denver should be our only subject for discussion, not past coaches who tried their best to destroy us.........

(Oh, and I think he will destroy Pitt:lol:)

there's a good chance. I believe he'll be a better on the defensive side of the ball though. At least he doesn't have to worry about draft picks and salary caps, that might work to his advantage.

The biggest thing the U of Pitt has is the fact that they share and practice with the Steelers facilities and sometimes the Steelers. That will get recruits, not Wanny. In fact good old Charlie proved Wanny still can't beat a good coach!

I swear pretty soon there will be a "If Wanny makes Pitt a National Champion should we bring him back?" thread. Treat Wanny like a coyote ugly woman you woke up next to and never speak about him again.

South Florida said:
I was thinking about this today. It didn't matter what round Wanny was picking in, he just didn't know how to pull talent from a pool. He was fine at trading away picks and players for proven stars, but not at predicting who would become a star...for the most part.

This is evident when comparing Eddie Moore and Channing Crowder in relation to their draft positions. One looks like a star while the other looks like a scar.

So I'm thinking that unless Wanny sticks strictly to the AP position rankings coming out of highschool, he's going to get jazzed up about a series of bums and within 4 years Pitt will look like UCF from last year.

dont be so sure with yourself on that one man, hes already got the nations 4th ranked HS runningback going to his school next year, and he may very well have this kids brother who is even better then him and hes only a sophmore, i know this cause he goes to the school my school is rivals with, hes amazing and so is his brother, sounds like wanny isnt off to a bad start, the kid was in sports illustrated for the reebok high-school all america team for the northeast division

must we continue to rip the man who brought us so many comical moments on the sidlines with those humorus quotes.

FinsAreLife said:
dont be so sure with yourself on that one man, hes already got the nations 4th ranked HS runningback going to his school next year, and he may very well have this kids brother who is even better then him and hes only a sophmore, i know this cause he goes to the school my school is rivals with, hes amazing and so is his brother, sounds like wanny isnt off to a bad start, the kid was in sports illustrated for the reebok high-school all america team for the northeast division

Committing this early doesnt really guarantee anything. They've given verbal agreements, I doubt he's signed anything.

Wanny has 5 4star recruits thus far. A RB, TE, DT, & two Ath.

The skill won't come in grabbing these big stars out of thin air. The trick will come in identifying talent in the lower rated players and conversely turning them into stars.

He will recruit in talent heavy PA.

Paterno has run penn st into the ground. Wanny has no competition in that entire state which puts out a ton of talent. He already has landed some big blue chippers for next year.

Whether Wanny can win with talent is a different story, but he will have talent on that team

WAHAHAHAHAHAH A very familiar sight for wanny... AND INT RETURNED FOR A TD

Go Bobcats! :woot: I just saw Wanny almost throw his mic through the turf at about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quater. Bobcats up 10 to 7 with less than 1 minute remaining in the 3rd. :D

Back
Top Bottom