Want to know the REAL reason we lost? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to know the REAL reason we lost?

Pagan

Gone
Reaction score
from the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins might have been feeling a little superhuman prior to the game. According to Houston receiver Jabar Gaffney, at least one Miami player joked during warm-ups that the game between the Super Bowl-contending Dolphins and the team merely hoping to improve on last season's 4-12 record was a mismatch.

``One of their players said, `I'll see you after today's practice, Gaffney said. ``That was their thinking -- they were looking at us like it was a practice.''

There's the bottom line. Professionals should know better than to overlook ANY team in the NFL.

Originally posted by Pagan
from the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins might have been feeling a little superhuman prior to the game. According to Houston receiver Jabar Gaffney, at least one Miami player joked during warm-ups that the game between the Super Bowl-contending Dolphins and the team merely hoping to improve on last season's 4-12 record was a mismatch.

``One of their players said, `I'll see you after today's practice, Gaffney said. ``That was their thinking -- they were looking at us like it was a practice.''

There's the bottom line. Professionals should know better than to overlook ANY team in the NFL.

And that all goes back to coaching.

This is a mountain out of a mole hill....

It's just trash talk...

Hell, during the off season and on some of threads today you find people seeking emotion out of the team.. They don't want to see business-like players.. "Let's show some emotion", they say.

Well if you want emotion, it doesn't just turn on when the whistle blows. It starts the minute you enter the locker room.

And walking out on the field, you better think you own somebody.

That's what was expressed...

Are you guys telling us you want to see a more business like approach?

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Rik, on this one. A good coach with his finger on the pulse of this team wouldn't have let this happen, but, I think it's deeper than that too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The downside to being the winningest team in the NFL history is that we have to play like a defending SB champion every year, every game. NO ONE ever looks past us and we get every opponents "A" game, EVERY TIME... It's a he// of a way to have to play the season, and it could explain why this team gets so worn out at the end of the year. Unfortunately, the remedy is either exceptional coaching which we don't have or we are going to have to blow it up and tank a few seasons so that we not only become less of a target but, so that we can find the hunger that drives the great teams to greatness.

It's a long season and it's still possible to find the leadership and hunger that it will take but we will NEVER wipe that target off our backs.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Yeah, I'm agreeing with Rik, on this one. A good coach with his finger on the pulse of this team wouldn't have let this happen, but, I think it's deeper than that too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The downside to being the winningest team in the NFL history is that we have to play like a defending SB champion every year, every game. NO ONE ever looks past us and we get every opponents "A" game, EVERY TIME... It's a he// of a way to have to play the season, and it could explain why this team gets so worn out at the end of the year. Unfortunately, the remedy is either exceptional coaching which we don't have or we are going to have to blow it up and tank a few seasons so that we not only become less of a target but, so that we can find the hunger that drives the great teams to greatness.

It's a long season and it's still possible to find the leadership and hunger that it will take but we will NEVER wipe that target off our backs.

I see where you guys are going, and I agree with you if this was high school or college. However these guys get paid more than the coaches. I just don't see how them not taking this team seriously is the coaches fault at thise level of football. At least the mental aspect of the game.

I think it's the coaches fault that our D couldn't tackle anyone though. That the coaches need to take full blame for IMO. It's their JOB to get them ready for things like that.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

I see where you guys are going, and I agree with you if this was high school or college. However these guys get paid more than the coaches. I just don't see how them not taking this team seriously is the coaches fault at thise level of football. At least the mental aspect of the game.

I think it's the coaches fault that our D couldn't tackle anyone though. That the coaches need to take full blame for IMO. It's their JOB to get them ready for things like that.

Oliver...

True.

Originally posted by Oliver

Oliver...

I agree. These guys are experienced professionals. If they weren't motivated going into the game, they damned sure should have gotten motivated when Houston scored the first points.

You're right Oliver, maybe there's nothing that Wannstedt can do or say that will motivate this team. BUT, the leadership of this team hs been PLACED in the HANDS of the players BY Wannstedt. If that isn't going to work then it's still HIS fault.

I think it all comes down to not getting enough time in preseason.

Nobody was up to game speed and we couldn't tackle.

Back
Top Bottom