Warren Sapp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warren Sapp

If we lose O-Gun, who else do we have besides JT that really has a heavy pass rush presence? Chester and Bowens pretty much just clog up the middle and very rarely get in on the QB.

Sapp is a lot faster, and remember, Tim-Bo will probably be retiring after this season. Sapp still has a good 5 or so years left in him.

We've got to start thinking about our future.

yeah but sapp is a schmuck.

keyshawn johnson is a good receiver but you don't want him on your team.... same thing for sapp.

man, tampa bay has a lot of primadonnas on their team don't they? i think tampa will be better next year that they got rid of the attitude problems.

Sapp worked at my father's office for an internship while he was at UM. my dad (who does not watch or know football, remembers sapp and recalled that he was lazy and had a loud mouth (lol, much like he does now)). this is especially funny coming from my dad, a person who doesn't watch football and hadn't heard of Sapp since his college days.

and with me, his whole "NFL being slavemasters" comment didn't sit well with me. I don't remember slaves getting paid millions of dollars to pick cotton, warren. do you? very poor analogy.

The Baltimore Sun quoted an NFL source Sunday, March 7, as saying the Baltimore Ravens might have interest in free agent DT Warren Sapp (Buccaneers), but are not likely to offer Sapp a contract until his market value is established by suitors from other clubs.

Imagine If you could get through(or around) Sapp and run right into Ray Lewis.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

It already is scary.....

We have other needs, and we don't need some overrated cancer on our team.

I don't think it's really scary. We're 19th against the pass. If we could just find a better safety and maybe a DT like Sapp couldn't hurt. As for offense, no matter how many O-Linemen or WR we get, it all comes down to the QB. The Fin's fate rests in the hands of an unproven third-string QB and the incumbent who likes to throw scores for the opposing team.

We could just move Sapp to Ogunleye's spot.

DT is a need, but a young DT is what we're looking for, not an older one.

our pass defense was only "bad" because no one could run against us, so you had QB's throwing 30-40 times

Originally posted by Regan21286

I don't think it's really scary. We're 19th against the pass. If we could just find a better safety and maybe a DT like Sapp couldn't hurt. As for offense, no matter how many O-Linemen or WR we get, it all comes down to the QB. The Fin's fate rests in the hands of an unproven third-string QB and the incumbent who likes to throw scores for the opposing team.

Misleading stat alert.

Sorry, but that pass ranking is due to 2 things.

1.) Teams inability to run on us, forcing them to pass.

2.) Coverge lapses early on in the season due to the changes in our coverage scheems.

if you look at how many sacks we had though, we were 3rd in the NFL, and considering how rarely we blitz, that shows how dominant our D-Line is. (Arguably the Best in the NFL) Especilly when coupled with the outstanding performance against the run (2nd in opponents YPC).

Look at opponents Passer Rating as well (68.8) and you see just how great this team really was against the pass.

For everyone's information Sapp HATES Miami. Said he wouldn't play for us if we were the last team in the NFL. This was shortly before the end of last season.

No Sapp.

I wouldn't mind having Sapp here. He doesn't have the street cred here in Miami to bend everyone's ear and be the nuisance he is in Tampa. Sure, he'll be talking, but we wouldn't be listening, so whats the big deal?

But on Sundays there's still not many DTs I would choose to come in and collapse the pocket to generate more sacks from our DEs other than Warren Sapp. You add him to this defensive line and play him as much as Zgonina ended up playing, with Ogunleye and Taylor on the DL too and I'll tell you what. This wouldn't just be a "good" defense anymore. It would be "crazy go nuts" good. Especially with the news that we've got Sam under contract saving us money and Reggie Howard as our nickel/backup.

I think Spielman became convinced after years that with the way our D is set up, its not worth it to pay Safeties a bunch of money, but its worth it to pay our CBs (all 3) because thats where the pressure is.

I would put out feelers for Warren and see where this humble pie of free agency is landing him in the price range. If Madison's restructuring saves us enough to sign Ogun longterm AND get ourselves some Warren Sapp? Whoo boy.

Back
Top Bottom