was anyone else | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

was anyone else

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
getting irritaded when all announcers we focusing on the "december swoon?" Swoon??? Please!! Miami lost the first two in Dec against the two hottest teams in the NFL. Both had double digit winning streaks and continue to win. Its not like last year where we lost to a 6-10 team in a dome:cry:
I know we need to be able to beat all teams if we hope to win a SB, however I also feel the swoon title is inappropriate when a team looses to the best two in the league Dec or not.

i agree but the last 2 teams we played were below 500 and had losing records what if they had been good teams. i think it could have really been a swoon.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
getting irritaded when all announcers we focusing on the "december swoon?" Swoon??? Please!! Miami lost the first two in Dec against the two hottest teams in the NFL. Both had double digit winning streaks and continue to win. Its not like last year where we lost to a 6-10 team in a dome:cry:
I know we need to be able to beat all teams if we hope to win a SB, however I also feel the swoon title is inappropriate when a team looses to the best two in the league Dec or not.

I believe this conseption is based that over the last 20 years, this team has had 13 seasons in which they have lost at least 2 games in December.

Since this team is usually has an outstanding winning record in the months of Sept, Oct and for the most part November, stats show that end of November and into December they aquire around 40-50% of their losses in the seasons.

Strong and good teams head into the postseason usually strong in these months loosing 1 or 2 games in them.

Of course we know that in late December, usually division leaders are defined.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

I agree, not sure you would call it a swoon, Neither the Pats or Eagles have lost since Nixon was president,(Well it seems that long) Ane the Fins were in both of those games, obviously the Fins aren't going to beat every team in the league. Is that the only way for them to get past this Swoon tag?

We were 2-2 in December, I dont call that a Swoon.....1-3 or 0-4 in december every year, now thats a Swoon.

Back
Top Bottom