Was manning insulting Brian.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was manning insulting Brian....

Beckyj4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Or was it just my imagination?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...nov02,0,468396.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

IMHO, Manning needs to be taken down a peg and is more than likely to find that happening today. Go check the BEST QBs in the League. They 'don't' win games against teams they match up on O and D with when Manning has to Pass a lot more often than they use the rush.

EVERY year, every team he has beat either had a +P/-R ratio while he had the reverse, or the opposing O or D was lousy. Miami's D is going to make him throw the ball and I bet they get a couple of Ints. Give Brian a somewhat balanced attack and Miami will wipe that ****iness right out of Manning. Denver's second string QB nearly beat him last year with a 28th ranked D. :rolleyes2

Sorry Indy, I have never liked Manning. He likes himself well enough that no one else should have to.... I used to think Favre had an over sized ego, but after watching Mannings commercial this year, it looks like he takes the prize. For the life of me, I have never understood why he is such a media favorite. McNair beats him by a country mile. Of course, McNair has too much class to do a commercial like that. Heck, I don't think another QB in the League would sink that low.

Memo to Manning:Look what happens to EVERY player who blows his own horn. And, just what is it you have done to be blowing anything about. :confused:

He wasn't insulting anyone. He wasn't really being arrogant, either.

Stupid and redundant? Yeah. "I feel I'm a better quarterback this year than I ever have been because I've used the experience that I've had." Mind-boggling analysis from Manning. He's better than before because he's got more experience -- damn, that's a novel concept. Players learning from experience? Holy ****, somebody get Wanny on the phone, this is going to revolutionize the way football is played!

I didn't see any insult directed at Griese. I didn't see anything even directed at Griese.

Commercials?? Are you kidding?? He's reading from a script. And it's just for fun. Can't take that stuff seriously.

I like Manning. I think he's a classy guy and a great QB. I like McNair just as much. But you can't put down Manning for a "lack of class" when McNair got arrested for DUI (.18) and having a gun in his car over the summer. That was just insane of him.

Uhm, perhaps you read a different article than the one you linked, because this was strictly a pedestrian piece. No insults to speak of.

Oh, silly me. Just seemed like a rather 'odd' topic, EARNING the starting QB position, under the circumstances. Especially humerous was the 'point' that he seemed to feel he had EARNED the position EVERY year. 2001? 10 Losses 6 wins? I stand by my original post. Even to the point that I have never seen another QB in such a self aggrandizing commercial, but then I guess they twisted his arm to get him to do it.

Read the article again. Pay attention to Brian's statements and then those of PM. Pretty clear that PM believes, heart and soul, that it is ALL him.

Good lord. It's obvious you already had something against Manning to begin with. I completely disagree with you on every level of this topic.

Manning has indeed earned it. In that 2001 season, they lost James to the ACL and the defense was absolutely horrible (29th overall). Rhodes did a good job coming in. But it was mostly Manning and Marvin Harrison. Terrence Wilkins was their 2nd leading WR for goodness sake. And he averaged 9.8 ypc that year. And he still threw for 4,131 yards.

Manning's earned it and he's gotten better every year. He's a good guy. And the commercial was a joke. How can you read so much into a light-hearted COMMERCIAL??

last time I checked Manning didn't write the commercial and it was just a light hearted jab at himself. I think you are letting your bias against Manning show. With our team and D, Manning would have won several playoff games by now.

Back
Top Bottom