Was Smith Good or Not? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Smith Good or Not?

Like I said before CK, I think B.Smith had a below average day. On the sack, he seemed to come off the line in slow motion. Doh!

But lets' not suggest that he did nothing right and looked completely horrible. He did a solid job on the TD to Chambers (a very nice pass by Lucas).

I think he will excel in the straight ahead running game...but we shall see soon. Spriggs or Dixon may be a better option against the high speed DE's in the league.

Why would 2 players with sever leg injuries who are still unable to prastice full time be better options against the faster players????????

It's a good debate, probably one of the few spots where we really have to keep on eye on. Actually the guard spot will be interesting to watch as well.

Why would 2 players with sever leg injuries who are still unable to prastice full time be better options against the faster players????????

Good Question DNY. I guess I am assuming that all three guys (smith, spriggs, dixon) will reach a full and complete recovery.

I know that Dixon was planning on playing at a lighter weight than last year. But, I am not yet in favor of the move to LT.

As of yet, I have no reason to believe that those injuries will be permanent...but they have really slowed things down or maybe the coaches are being extra careful.

I didn't see Kearse's number in the 2nd series...I don't think he played it.

Either way, I'm not saying that Brent should be cut but the bottom line is its too risky to count on him "possibly" improving through the rest of training camp. The position is too important especially in Norv's offense to just bank on it. We need to increase our chances of having good play at the LT position which is why we need to move Dixon over there. The chances will then be increased that either Dixon, Smith, or Spriggs develop enough to get the job done.

Brent Smith had a chance to show us good things, promising things out there. He didn't. Time to start making sure that we're taking as little gamble as possible on that LT position

Well the more guys in the mix the more chance one will rise above the others.

Precisely why Dixon should be moved. Especially given the rise of Nails. To me, its really a no-brainer.

Well maybe the coaches want to have a little more time then 6 days of performance to make the decision. What makews the decsion harder is Dixon's injury holding him back. It won't making grading him at LT any easier.

To me the move is less about grading him at LT than about getting him use to a position he hasn't played in years. Better to get him there now so he can begin getting use to the position...at LT you're all alone, and Dixon's use to being able to double team with someone.

And by the way the coaches before training camp said that they were going to decide very soon after training camp was done what they were going to do with the OL, what direction they were going to head. They cited specifically after the Titans scrimmage. If they don't move Dixon over now, then I don't think they will. Things would have to seriously start to go wrong over at LT. Like, if Brent Smith made NO improvement and neither did Spriggs. I expect they will both improve of course, the question is can they improve enough, and to me its not worth gambling on that so I say toss in another set of dice to increase your chances of rolling a good one.

Back
Top Bottom