was Trace Armstrong a good leader for us?.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

was Trace Armstrong a good leader for us?..

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to get everyone's opinion on this one cos Oliver and I seem to disagree. I think he was but Oliver doesn't think that Trace was a good leader.

I think that we have missed him in the locker room and on the sidelines, not to metion the fact that he made plays out on the field. I'm pretty sure that our guys on defence and even on offence have missed having him around.Leadership is very important to a team and I say we miss him. I think that Seau will help this year along with a few others. But anyway, who feel that this team has miss Trace?

I do!!!!!

Originally posted by Danny
I'd really like to get everyone's opinion on this one cos Oliver and I seem to disagree. I think he was but Oliver doesn't think that Trace was a good leader.

I think that we have missed him in the locker room and on the sidelines, not to metion the fact that he made plays out on the field. I'm pretty sure that our guys on defence and even on offence have missed having him around.Leadership is very important to a team and I say we miss him. I think that Seau will help this year along with a few others. But anyway, who feel that this team has miss Trace?

I do!!!!!

Hehehe I never said he wasn't a good leader, I'm saying he doesn't carry the same respect or confidence that a Seau does.

You can't be a mentally tough leader and an inspriation to your team when your team gets blown like we did in JAX.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Danny

I do!!!!!

Also after Armstrong left the Dolphins performed better than when he was here. Of course that's not because he left, but it must have played a part in that, some how some way. Not to mention since he left JT has been a much better player than when Trace was here.

Oliver...

Trace Armstrong wasn't the reason we got blown off in Jacksonville.

You can't blame his leadership base on one game and you can't blame the falloff on a player that isn't even starting.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Trace Armstrong wasn't the reason we got blown off in Jacksonville.

You can't blame his leadership base on one game and you can't blame the falloff on a player that isn't even starting.

The point Danny is leaving out, this is based on Seau over Armstrong. I'm saying Seau brings something new to this team, while Danny thinks we had the same type of leader with Armstrong.

And yes you can blame the loss on Armstrong, just the same as you can any other player who played that day. As the leader of that D, he of course deserves alot of the blame for not having them mentally ready.

We'll see if Seau can keep these guys focused, unlike Armstrong.

Oliver...

What Seau brings to the fins is yet to be determined but if you compare Seau as a charger and Trace as a fin ,no contest. Seau way way better.

Originally posted by justafan
What Seau brings to the fins is yet to be determined but if you compare Seau as a charger and Trace as a fin ,no contest. Seau way way better.

You mean as far as talent? if so of course, but that's not the point. We're talking about mental toughness each player has. I believe Seau leaves Armstrong behind in this department. Danny and I suppose some others do not agree with this sentiment.

Oliver...

Miami's D has been missing something since Brian Cox left. Our D had about 1/20th the talent when he was here, but his attitude carried that half of the squad. I'm hoping Junior brings that attitude back.

Originally posted by Oliver

You mean as far as talent? if so of course, but that's not the point. We're talking about mental toughness each player has. I believe Seau leaves Armstrong behind in this department. Danny and I suppose some others do not agree with this sentiment.

Oliver...

Mental toughness? The fins haven't played a game yet and we don't know how he will affect the team yet. That's what he was brought in for in the "hope" that he will bring in some attitude into this D, but he has yet to play. For all you know he might cause some pwer struggle with Zach. I doubt this will happen but it could (at least that's what I'm hoping for :D )

Mental toughness? The fins haven't played a game yet and we don't know how he will affect the team yet. That's what he was brought in for in the "hope" that he will bring in some attitude into this D, but he has yet to play. For all you know he might cause some pwer struggle with Zach. I doubt this will happen but it could (at least that's what I'm hoping for :D )

LoL no, like you say, you hope it happens. :D

That's not going to happen. Seau not only comes with a huge positive rep as a talented player, he is the hardest working player on our team.

Armstrong never had half of the rep as Seau in either category. But like you say, Seau still has to go out there and do it.

Oliver...

Trace Armstrong was not a good leader for us, although he was a great DE, But I believe due to the time he shared, his leadership skills lacked.......Dan Marino was the Great Leader....

Ibet Seau would whoop Zach's butt all over the field.

Thoughts? :lol:

Ibet Seau would whoop Zach's butt all over the field.

Thoughts? :lol:

I dunno, some of the toughest fights I ever got into was with smaller guys that were thick. Zach looks to me like he has some fight in him. It's hard to hurt guys like Zach, they are so compact, and at the same time so strong.

It would be a great fight, that's for sure.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

I dunno, some of the toughest fights I ever got into was with smaller guys that were thick. Zach looks to me like he has some fight in him. It's hard to hurt guys like Zach, they are so compact, and at the same time so strong.

It would be a great fight, that's for sure.

Oliver...

Seau's got a warrior mentallity. Not to say Zach doesn't, but Seau is a natural. Neither one of them could take on Rob Johnson anyways.

I think the Junior and Trace are both leaders, but that Junior adds a facet of leadership that Trace lacked.

Trace's leadership was in the work-ethic area, and I do believe he was important to the development of the individuals on our team.

Junior adds the on-field fire, the absolute disgust for losing, that the team has lacked to his work-ethic leadership.

I liked Trace, I was sorry to see him go, I thought he was a leader. I like Junior, I was glad to see to him get here, I think he will be a leader in more ways than Trace.

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

Back
Top Bottom