Washington Talking To Arizona About Rosen

FINsssup

Active Roster
Reaction score
Report: Redskins have "openly spoken" about trading for Josh Rosen
Mar
3/2/2019 4:25:34 PM
|More
The Washington Redskins have "openly spoken" about trading for Arizona Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen according to Tony Pauline of draftanalyst.com.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury and GM Steve Keim have tried to hush rumors about taking a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick (and thus shopping Rosen), but both have admittedly done a poor job doing so. If so, positioning last year's No. 10 overall pick ahead of veteran Colt McCoy would make a ton of sense for Washington and could possibly land the Redskins a true quarterback of the future. NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah noted it's currently "50-50" among the people he's spoken to on whether the Cards pull the trigger on Kyler Murray with the first pick in April.

Murray will be a Cardinal. Kingsbury has known him since High School. They have kept in contact ever since. He knows him and is familiar and could run the offense he wants to install in AZ leaps and bounds better then Rosen ever could.

Now I know he didn’t have a good showing last year but he was a rookie playing behind probably the worst OL in the NFL.
That being sad I still think Rosen at the end of the day will warrant a first round pick. He was ranked by many as the second or third QB in last years draft, he has already been paid his bonuses making him extremely cheap, & he now has a year of NFL experience under his belt.

We'll probably hear of the Josh Rosen trade before anything else. but this is a good point about how the Cards handle Josh Rosen.

Josh is hanging by a thread out there in the media and will for another 2 months.

If they dont plan on taking Kyler Murray they need to put out that the number one is up for trades now or that they are not taking Kyler but the number 1 is up for grabs.

They probably did or should sit down and say listen Josh. "We have the #1 spot in 2019 we are going to take Kyler and are trying to get the most for you" or "hang in there Josh it's a business and were seeing what other teams offer us for that spot but you aren't going anywhere."

I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd or 4th for Rosen. Secret is out and Murray is gonna go number 1 so they are kinda desperate to get rid of Rosen.

Couple that with the fact that his first year was pretty bad and then also the fact that he comes from a rich family and never struck me as the kind of guy that would grind it out in the NFL and I hope we don't even go after him.

Build the oline and defense and then get a QB next year.

Yeah well … it just makes too much sense for a franchise to go out and get a specific coach when nobody else wants that coach and who has only been successful as an OC running a very specific style of offense, and then let that coach pick the player who fits his system perfectly. To those people expecting Kingsbury was hired to take a QB who doesn't fit his system at all and turn him around into a great QB … that is what doesn't make sense.

Of course Kingsbury wants to draft Kyler Murray and trade Josh Rosen. Why would the GM have hired him in the first place if he wasn't going to let him do that?

Similarly, Kyler Murray fits the Kingsbury system perfectly … but he doesn't fit the Coach Flores system very well, so talks of the Dolphins trading up to get Murray are less likely, IMHO.

Yeah well … it just makes too much sense for a franchise to go out and get a specific coach when nobody else wants that coach and who has only been successful as an OC running a very specific style of offense, and then let that coach pick the player who fits his system perfectly. To those people expecting Kingsbury was hired to take a QB who doesn't fit his system at all and turn him around into a great QB … that is what doesn't make sense.

Of course Kingsbury wants to draft Kyler Murray and trade Josh Rosen. Why would the GM have hired him in the first place if he wasn't going to let him do that?

Similarly, Kyler Murray fits the Kingsbury system perfectly … but he doesn't fit the Coach Flores system very well, so talks of the Dolphins trading up to get Murray are less likely, IMHO.

We dont even know Coach Flores system, we just use educated guesses about NE.

A hyper athletic accurate qb fits anyones system. I'm sure Miami is in love with Murray but knows they ain't getting him.

I also dont believe anything coming out of the combine at all, most of the stuff you hear is lies and not having any meat to it.

If someone asked me the probability of Murray going to the Cards I'd say 90%. I bet that the top 3 QB's on the Dolphins board will be gone by 13 and we go defense so it's moot IMO.

We dont even know Coach Flores system, we just use educated guesses about NE.

A hyper athletic accurate qb fits anyones system. I'm sure Miami is in love with Murray but knows they ain't getting him.

I also dont believe anything coming out of the combine at all, most of the stuff you hear is lies and not having any meat to it.
I disagree.

Murray is highly accurate in that Okalhoma system, but completion percentage is only one indicator of precision. Hyper-precise means being very accurate in the system that Coach O'Shea is implementing, and we do know a good bit about that one. He is modelling it after the Patriots system with some influences that each coach brings with them, according to what O'Shea has said. In that context, hyper-precise means excellent timing as well. Further, this offense lives and dies on that and pre-snap reads. It requires a hyper-precise QB and a highly sophisticated field general. It is designed to throw from the pocket and requires heavy audibilizing to match those pre-snap reads. Kyler Murray's strengths are quick reads and running … neither of which is the basis of the Patriot's offense. Murray is accurate … but I do not see him having the needed consistency to be hyper-precise within the parameters of this offense. I'm a big Murray fan, but this system isn't a fit for him. The Kliff Kingsbury system fits him like a glove.

If someone asked me the probability of Murray going to the Cards I'd say 90%. I bet that the top 3 QB's on the Dolphins board will be gone by 13 and we go defense so it's moot IMO.
Wow, that would be fabulous for us.

I disagree.

Murray is highly accurate in that Okalhoma system, but completion percentage is only one indicator of precision. Hyper-precise means being very accurate in the system that Coach O'Shea is implementing, and we do know a good bit about that one. He is modelling it after the Patriots system with some influences that each coach brings with them, according to what O'Shea has said. In that context, hyper-precise means excellent timing as well. Further, this offense lives and dies on that and pre-snap reads. It requires a hyper-precise QB and a highly sophisticated field general. It is designed to throw from the pocket and requires heavy audibilizing to match those pre-snap reads. Kyler Murray's strengths are quick reads and running … neither of which is the basis of the Patriot's offense. Murray is accurate … but I do not see him having the needed consistency to be hyper-precise within the parameters of this offense. I'm a big Murray fan, but this system isn't a fit for him. The Kliff Kingsbury system fits him like a glove.

To be quite honest it sounds like the qb you're talking about doesnt exist.

I dont want another coach that cant look at an elite prospect because he doesnt do things like Tom Brady. Kyler Murray has elite ability. You get a kid like that then tailor your offense around what he does. If he was accurate in Oklahoma's high octane deep play offense then I'm sure he can be ultra effective in a quicker underneath style of offense just fine.

Just my opinion though, I love the back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom