Washington Talking To Arizona About Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington Talking To Arizona About Rosen

They're saying 20 plus of the 32 picks in round one will be defense. We have a defensive coach so it's not going out on a limb that we're taking a defensive player.
DT, DE, LB, CB.

I'm good with any of the above.

Ideally enough players at other positions go ahead of us, so that elite talent at those four positions will be there at 13.

there "should" be a good player on defense for us to take at 13. It's a matter of drafting a guy that fit what we're doing.

these are players that I believe will go top 12
Murray
Haskins
Lock

Bosa
Q.Williams
Allen
Gary

D.White
Greedy Williams
Jonah Williams

that's 10 right there. Now after yesterday, will a team fall in love with Metcalf?
After today, will a team fall in love with Sweat?

also, will a team reach for Jones because teams reach for QB's every year.

So you can see how a guy like Oliver could fall to us at 13 and he's a great fit.

Also, could a team pull the trigger for one of the two top TE's from Iowa?

I'm hoping for some of those things to happen so that we can have some good options at 13.

To be quite honest it sounds like the qb you're talking about doesnt exist.

I dont want another coach that cant look at an elite prospect because he doesnt do things like Tom Brady. Kyler Murray has elite ability. You get a kid like that then tailor your offense around what he does. If he was accurate in Oklahoma's high octane deep play offense then I'm sure he can be ultra effective in a quicker underneath style of offense just fine.

Just my opinion though, I love the back and forth.
Hard to find, sure, but the QB does exist. IMHO, the best fits right now would be Jake Fromm (2020) and Trevor Lawrence (2021). Fromm processes information quickly and can be that field general Flores/O'Shea's offense requires. He is also hyper-precise and excellent at crossing routes. But, it is his exceptional pre-snap ability that really seals the deal for this offense. He may not be the top prospect, because guys like Kyler Murray are in a different league running the ball, and Justin Herbert has far more arm strength and size, but those aren't things this offense prioritizes. Trevor Lawrence will probably be the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, and several teams will be tanking for him, so I doubt we land him, but Fromm is a very realistic goal in 2020.

When we made the decision to go with Coach Flores and his staff of many Patriots coaches, we made the decision to support his schemes. That's what we need to do. Re-inventing the wheel to force a square peg into a round hole just because we like the draft prospect isn't how most successful rebuilds work. I'm with ya in that I want a coach who adapts his systems to his personnel, like Don Shula used to do. But that simply isn't done anymore in the NFL. Everyone is heavily invested in a complex system and they tend to make only minor tweaks to their systems. The CBA doesn't allow coaches to have the time needed to utterly re-invent a team with the same roster in a season. It now requires molting the players and starting over with new players and spending 5+ games of learning pains until they really get it. The coaches that learned one system, aren't likely to be good at a completely different system … and they're not going to change.

We chose our path, now let's give Coach Flores the people he needs for his systems to flourish.

there "should" be a good player on defense for us to take at 13. It's a matter of drafting a guy that fit what we're doing.

these are players that I believe will go top 12
Murray
Haskins
Lock

Bosa
Q.Williams
Allen
Gary

D.White
Greedy Williams
Jonah Williams

that's 10 right there. Now after yesterday, will a team fall in love with Metcalf?
After today, will a team fall in love with Sweat?

also, will a team reach for Jones because teams reach for QB's every year.

So you can see how a guy like Oliver could fall to us at 13 and he's a great fit.

Also, could a team pull the trigger for one of the two top TE's from Iowa?

I'm hoping for some of those things to happen so that we can have some good options at 13.
Good analysis.

I think we will also be very open to trading down in this year's draft or trading out in favor of picks in the 2020 draft.

Good analysis.

I think we will also be very open to trading down in this year's draft or trading out in favor of picks in the 2020 draft.
I just keep hearing inside out so I'm think DT,DE and then guards/Centers

If the system requires a hall of fame QB to be successful, be prepared to finish in the high 20s on offense a few more years.
I agree that this is a very tough system. It is essentially a system somewhat similar to what Gase ran but tailored for Tom Brady, the most precise QB in the NFL, who is a master at pre-snap reads, audibilizing and looking off safeties. Those are big shoes to fill. But hey, this decision was a central component in the Coach Flores plan, so if we're going to support him, we need to find that type of QB.

I just keep hearing inside out so I'm think DT,DE and then guards/Centers
Yep, I think the right approach if we're tanking in 2019 and positioning ourselves to get a top echelon QB in 2020 is to solidify the OL this year. Also, our needs changed along the DL very dramatically with our multiple-front scheme, and we're in position to cut 3 DE's and a couple of backup DT's, so we need to find some DL as well. So your approach, what we're hearing out of the Miami camp, and what every other GM in the NFL knows we need is to build out both lines. No subterfuge will work when everyone knows the truth, so I don't think the Dolphins are hiding the ball here. I think they're being honest and signaling that they will be addressing the lines. That keeps fans happy when we address our biggest needs and do what we tell them is the plan. It also provides a solid defense if the league ever decides to investigate whether we're tanking.

Fix the OL, start to fix the DL, get another CB, and open the doors wide to UDFA's to fill as many spots as role players as possible.

The reason Murray came to the NFL in the 1st place. I don’t think if Kingsbury/The Cards had a top 5 pick in the draft he would’ve played football. I think he would’ve gone on to play baseball.

The reason Murray came to the NFL in the 1st place. I don’t think if Kingsbury/The Cards had a top 5 pick in the draft he would’ve played football. I think he would’ve gone on to play baseball.

Personally, I think its not so much the Cards, though I think it would be Murrays ideal choice, but rather being that #1 Pick as the real draw... Think thats what ultimately rings his bell and the fact that Football is his preference...

Sadly, Don't see us moving to the #1spot, but also don't think the GM Keim, who I think is making the decision over possibly Kingsbury's stated preference passing up the opportunity of adding more picks and still picking up a game changer on defense.Or jumping on Bosa, another high potential game changer

At this point don't see them letting Rosen go and picking Murray. There will be a trade IMO for the #1 Murray pick ... Who ? is another million dollar question.

I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd or 4th for Rosen. Secret is out and Murray is gonna go number 1 so they are kinda desperate to get rid of Rosen.

Couple that with the fact that his first year was pretty bad and then also the fact that he comes from a rich family and never struck me as the kind of guy that would grind it out in the NFL and I hope we don't even go after him.

Build the oline and defense and then get a QB next year.

That's where I am. The strategy, IMO, is similar to that of Tannehill - shopping a player, PARTICULARLY when already eyeing a specific replacement, SHOULD reduce the value. It's like trying to trade a player who will be a FA.

That said, there are always teams desperate for an above average QB. Thus, if WASH is willing to give up a '19 and '20 R1 pick to move up for a rookie QB, giving up a R1 pick for Rosen is a reasonable value. I gave up trying to understand some GMs long ago.

Secret is out. Cards want a 1st for Rosen no doubt but with the word out are praying for a 2nd a 2nd and 4th? or two thirds...... New England??????

I give the Cardinals a ton of props for moving so quickly, and not forcing a 2-3+ year development with Rosen when they believe Murray is the better QB going forward. Most teams wouldn't go this route after making Rosen a top 10 pick just a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom