Watch for a Dolphins trade up in Round 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch for a Dolphins trade up in Round 2

If it wasn't Guyton I cannot imagine what greer could have been thinking.

I'm curious if the Chop pick is due to something about Chubb's injury. We have not heard about any progress with him unlike Phillips.
I don't think Chop was taken with the short term in mind.

He needs to really develop some pass rush moves before he makes an impact.

I think he was the highest guy on their board at a premium position so they took him.

His potential is very high so it was not a bad gamble since the payoff is high.

I'm curious if the Chop pick is due to something about Chubb's injury. We have not heard about any progress with him unlike Phillips.
True but I did catch a video of him walking rather normal into Dolphin HQ last for OTAs/rehab?

I don't think Chop was taken with the short term in mind.

He needs to really develop some pass rush moves before he makes an impact.

I think he was the highest guy on their board at a premium position so they took him.

His potential is very high so it was not a bad gamble since the payoff is high.
I'm not saying short term, I was wondering if Chubb's injury is perhaps more problematic ala Connor's.

We give 2025 1st and we get 2024 high pick in 2nd plus our own.
OR
We give 2025 1st and our 2nd this year and get high pick in second and a 3rd this year.

I'm not saying short term, I was wondering if Chubb's injury is perhaps more problematic ala Connor's.
I think both had significant injuries and even if they’re progressing nicely, they will not be 100% until midseason at best. We needed a player for the edge.

his injury was more recently than Phillips so it should take longer for him to come back...McDaniel has said in the past that Edge is his favorite position

If Chubb can't play next season I can't see Robinson being an adequate replacement.

Chubb's Dead cap hit goes from 42 to 27 to 18 million over the next 3 season's so he is not going anywhere for a while.

If he is meant to take over for Chubb after that I could see him being ready, hopefully he will be contributing by season 2.

It was speculated that Newton was the player Grier was trying to trade up for. But speculation is just that.

If true, Newton is still available.

Miami also showed a lot of interest in DeJean. Surprised both dropped into the second round.

In order to move up into the early second round, we are probably going to have to give up our second rounder this year and a second round or next year. If it means we get JPJ or the defensive tackle out of Illinois you are basically using those pics to get a first rounder. Next year‘s draft is going to feature a couple of top end quarterbacks, a ton of defensive backs, and a few defensive lineman. Not nearly as strong for wide receivers or o-lineman. Use a 3rd and if needed a 2nd rounder and get JPJ or Newton if they have a 1st round grade. We have (3) 3rd’s plus a 1st as well.

a ****ing tackle. Unbelievable. What a damned joke.

I saw a documentary about the tragedy in that family............brutal.

Late on this reply, but yes, it is sad...i genuinely feel bad for Fritz... no one should have to bury one of their kids, let alone five

Back
Top Bottom