Watch Out for the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Out for the Jets

J-E-T-S

Down with the Fins
Reaction score
2-4 now, with Pennington coming back vs. Philly next week. Only 2 behind the Fins, and 2.5 behind the Pats. Here we go.

After all the weird sh*t that has happened in the NFL over the past few years(last year, the jets sucking at the start of the season, only to turn around and win the division), theres not a doubt in my mind that Jets still have a chance to be a playoff contender.

Given that I was nice, here is what happen, Miami will beat Jets again, Bills will beat Jets again, so if either miami or the bills have a better a record then the Jets come playoff time, kiss your playoff hope goodbye because you lost to either of those teams twice.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. I think with Pennington, and the Dolphins December ability, the Jets will win that game. Also, Buffalo can't beat us again, since we beat them 30-3 last week.

I agree, the Jets scare the hell out of me.

The Pats, Bills and Fins all have weaknesses, and the Jets may make a move. Don't count them out.

That being said, you can't exect to go 1-4 and finish 9-7 with the division every year. If one of the other 3 teams decides to win 10 games, I don't think the Jets will have enough in the tank to finish 8-2 and win with Tie breakers

True, but I could see all 3 teams ahead of the Jets finishing with 7 losses so we will see. Should be interesting.

Yea, can't count the Jets out of anything, even if they don't go to the playoffs, they are looking to ruin other team's hopes for the playoffs.

I hate to be such a pessimist here, but get real. the jets dont have a chance. they been out of it since week 0. once they lost pennington whatever small chance they had vanished. i know theyve won 2 in a row and pennington coming back next week. that doesnt mean they dont suck anymore. everyone talks all this jazz about pennington being so amazing. hes not good enought to turn a bad team around like that again. besides vinny has been playing well so its not like theyre lacking severly at qb right now. they dont have any playmakers. santana moss is their best receiver but they dont have anyone good to back him up. without a good #2 receiver moss gets double teamed and the passing game is done. people say "oh they did it last year they can do it this year." well there one big difference between last year and this year that i think jets fans forget. his name is laveranues coles. he was a play maker. hes a great receiver that was capable of making big plays. and he was successful last year cuz he had moss at #2. this kept coles from being double teamed and allowed him to succeed. without coles, everyone can focus on moss who isnt that spectacular to begin with. and they havent been giving marting nearly enought carries. he go 80+ yrds this week which is very encouraging for jets fans but still. even if he starts to do well again they dont have a good enought passing game to balance it out. defenses can square in on martin and the jets are done. if the jets start running the ball a lot and pennington comes back strong, they might get to .500 for the season. but i think that their schedule will even make that very difficult. they have to play in philly, in oakland, in buff, in indi, and in miami. and the play home agains the titans and the pats. these are all going to be very diffiicult games for the jets. and i dont think the jets can expect to win all or even most of those, as well as have the dolphins and patriots both collapse. im sorry jets fans, but youre done.

The Jets arent too scary. Pennington cant solve basic, fundamental parts of their team sucking.

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh..be very quiet

stop hanging your hat on what happened last year...typical Jet fan...sticks his head out with a few wins...then goes right back into his hole....will see this again in about 5 weeks...how about getting to .500 first before you take the division then on to the Super Bowl...shhhhhhhh...be very very quiet!

Good Logic

Because you beat the Bills 30-3...you say that then they have no chance against you later in the year,,,by that thinking you better hope you don't run into Washington,Miami,New England,Dallas or Philly...since they beat YOU....then you have no chance against them...but I get the feeling your logic doesn't work in reverse. Also I had to laugh today...watched Vinny(who I like).do an interview and says "My teammates and myself like where we are right now"....WHAT???????????????...if they were happy at 2-4...man they must be downright orgasmic at 2-5....stop hanging your hats on what took place last year.

Back
Top Bottom