WATCH PITTSBURGH and you will see how to pressure the QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WATCH PITTSBURGH and you will see how to pressure the QB

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
Chad Scott returns a pic for a TD not because he is a great player but because the QB was under pressure. ATTACK ATTACK. Safety blitz gets them off the field on third down. GOD it makes me sick.

It makes me sick to see these teams with less talent still be aggressive. The Dolphins coaching staff is holding this defense back. We dont force plays. Everybody says we didnt make plays. Well sometimes you force plays. We gave Daunte and MOSS way to much respect. We play not to lose. That is why the most talented Dolphin team since 1972 might go 9-7 and not make the playoffs. When will this board see that Bates and WANNY need to attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paper Champ, baby. Paper Champs. :D

I'm sorry, but I've just gotta root for the Steelers tonight. I know it doesn't help us. But I just can't stand the Bucs. I hate them as much as I hate the rest of the AFC East. Probably more. Man, I took so much abuse today from the Bucs fans. I can't wait to dish it out tomorrow.

But I gotta agree on the subject. I wish we were a more aggressive team sometimes. Then again, it's different when you play a 3-4. You can come at an offense from so many different angles. But the Eagles don't play a 3-4. So......

Just wish we were a little more versatile sometimes. Look at the Bucs tonight. They beat up on nobodys. They're supposed to be so good. Now they face an aggressive team AT HOME and they're getting exposed. They're getting punched in the mouth. The Lions did the same thing last week without their QB and RB. They just didn't have talent.

See what happens when you feed a team a diet of "you can't beat me cuz I'm gonna kick your ass"??

Last edited by a moderator:
sean king has ray lucas syndrome right now. He's throwing balls ten yard over recievers heads and interceptions for td's yet he is smiling and laughing on the sidelines.

king was laughing, till it got ugly... that could be his career...

i don't mind that we don't blitz all the time. we have two ends that can pressure the qb consistently. what i don't like is when we blitz zack. against minny, i saw zack trying to blitz often. but, he was easily picked up by the guard every time. i thought he was playing a spy. but, a spy wouldn't have gotten blocked by the quard. it was not a good idea. if we do blitz, i'd like to see it from the cb when he's in the slot. that blitz is usually efective. or blitz the linebacker outside of jt.

A lot in the NFL is emotion and intensity. Melissa Stark quoted Bill Cowher as saying he has never seen his team so fired up with so much intensity after the fight before the game. They sure showed it against the Bucs. In week 14 Pittsburgh lost to Houston 24-6. The Steelers couldn't have had too much intensity that week.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma

i don't mind that we don't blitz all the time. we have two ends that can pressure the qb consistently. what i don't like is when we blitz zack. against minny, i saw zack trying to blitz often. but, he was easily picked up by the guard every time.....

it was not a good idea. if we do blitz, i'd like to see it from the cb when he's in the slot. that blitz is usually efective. or blitz the linebacker outside of jt.

I agree with you. I suspect they use Zach so they don't leave larger holes in the secondary. Even if Thomas doesn't get through it should give a lineman more of a chance to beat a single block. The delayed safety or cb blitz is my favorite too as it usually works probably because they use it so sparingly.

Back
Top Bottom