Watch (sound on) here as Gesicki has his man ROASTED on a corner route but our 5 OL can't slow down 4 DL. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch (sound on) here as Gesicki has his man ROASTED on a corner route but our 5 OL can't slow down 4 DL.

gesicki on the pats would be an all pro (ok maybe i'm exaggerating)

but actually he is looking good

Easy now he’s got what 3 catches? Lol

Considering how much crapping on him you did in the offseason, credit should be given when it's due. I mean, reading some of the posts about him around here in the off-season, yours included, you'd think he was barely gonna make the roster.

gesicki on the pats would be an all pro (ok maybe i'm exaggerating)

but actually he is looking good

They would have him pass catching though instead of pass blocking 70% of the time like last year. Spent too much time trying to turn him into an every down player rather than using him to his strengths. Gates is going to make the hall of fame purely playing passing downs most of his career.

Pretty sad watching that and the replays, Davis gets whipped, Deiter gets used, the C & RG cant manage to block one dude together. Whoever the hell 61 is had the best blocking of the bunch and still was pushed back, but never just beat like the rest of them

Nice job by Gesicki to get open.

Considering how much crapping on him you did in the offseason, credit should be given when it's due. I mean, reading some of the posts about him around here in the off-season, yours included, you'd think he was barely gonna make the roster.

Well through 2 games Im not sure hes wrong haha hes on pace for 24 catches

That’s fair. I roasted the kid. Called it just like I saw it. That 2018 tape was nothing but sloppy. He’s cleaned up having his legs under his pads a lot. Which helps. Not falling all over himself etc.

But we still haven’t seen any quick win inside ability which separates tight ends in this league and makes them go to 3rd down sticks movers.

That’s what separates a Mark Andrews for instance. He can win inside quickly he can run sticks concepts with effectiveness and he’s got nice stop start moves like that stick nod red zone route he ran against us.

Gesickis shown nice hands and better body control this year. The latter is a lot imo about work ethic and maybe some of it about growing a little out of his awkwardness.

Well through 2 games Im not sure hes wrong haha hes on pace for 24 catches

Let's put that into context. How many 3 and outs were there last Sunday? Yep, production is gonna suffer when your offense can't sniff the opponents side of the field.

Let's put that into context. How many 3 and outs were there last Sunday? Yep, production is gonna suffer when your offense can't sniff the opponents side of the field.

Exactly. Be nice to have a TE that could move the chains.

Grant and Gesicki have unusual speed but they both need longer routes to succeed.

Man i love it! All the folks on this board that said Gesicki doesn't/didn't have a chance. So wrong and it was so obvious if you looked at the film from last year. The guy gets open A LOT. The Qb, unfortunately, is always on his butt...so...He can't throw himself the ball.

Back
Top Bottom