watch the game then grade fletcher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

watch the game then grade fletcher

zsonka

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can't wait till little Oliver watches the game before running his mouth. You will see he looked rough out there and was burned badly on a play reviewed by wanny and determined to be a catch. He was beat deep and the guy came back and beat him again short. Spun his ass around. He plays scared so far. He does not bump or play physical much like sam or patrick.

He made no plays on run support while they pounded on us in the third quarter. the kid is OK but no first round pick i assure you. The phins will pick up a DB next week because Fletcher is our third best DB and that means they need to pick up another cousin type player next week.

I am FULLY aware of the fact that Fletcher was not beat for a TD in the first quarter.............

Fletcher isn't starting and i hope the line doesn't give teams time to throw when we are in the nickel and dime. Maybe we will blitz more as well leaving less time to pick the secondary apart...

I am sure he will get better each game and the negative press doesn't help but this is the NFL, come on. perform or move over.

So far, J. Fletcher has looked very lost...

What really burns me about this kid is that he held out as a rookie, and at the same time bragged about how great he was going to be calling himself "the next D. Sanders"......

He's very small, and his bump coverage stinks. The bottom line is that J. Fltcher isn't ready for the speed of the NFL.....

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after a proven veteran this week to replace him.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

WoW...

... Feel better now? Don't worry when I do watch the game I'll give you my opinion. However as I said to you I thought you were jumping all over Fletcher because of the TD the Dolphins gave on the 1st play. Sorry you aren't big enough person to realize that.

By the way I am more concerned about Surtain, Madison and Wooden than I am with Fletcher at this point. See they've actually given up big plays consistently this pre-season. Unlike Fletcher.

Oliver...

Originally posted by zsonka
I can't wait till little Oliver watches the game before running his mouth. You will see he looked rough out there and was burned badly on a play reviewed by wanny and determined to be a catch. He was beat deep and the guy came back and beat him again short. Spun his ass around. He plays scared so far. He does not bump or play physical much like sam or patrick.

He made no plays on run support while they pounded on us in the third quarter. the kid is OK but no first round pick i assure you. The phins will pick up a DB next week because Fletcher is our third best DB and that means they need to pick up another cousin type player next week.

I am FULLY aware of the fact that Fletcher was not beat for a TD in the first quarter.............

Fletcher isn't starting and i hope the line doesn't give teams time to throw when we are in the nickel and dime. Maybe we will blitz more as well leaving less time to pick the secondary apart...

I am sure he will get better each game and the negative press doesn't help but this is the NFL, come on. perform or move over.

I'd plead the 5th on this argument. However, from a neutral party to all of this. I'd give Fletcher a C- or maybe a D+. Out of all his talk, this little one isn't living up to it. Really sad too because I've really been rooting for him to do better then Cousin was doing. Maybe my expectations were just to high for him.

Who knows?

I wish I had had an opportunity to view the game. I'll say this, after Oliver watches the game, he'll give a fair assessment of Fletcher's play. I don't think he's wed to a stellar Fletch performance by anything he's posted - he's been commenting that the 80 yd. TD wasn't solely the fault of Fletcher.

I too am disappointed with what Fletch has shown so far but I will say one thing. I plead for patience is all. He's shown enough not to be dubbed a bust yet, which is different from when Ben Kelly showed us that he was nowhere near a 3rd round pick his rookie year then got better but climbed no higher on the talent totem pole than say, Ray Green has, in his 2nd year.

Fletch has shown more than that but less than Surtain had at this point in Surtain's career. But I for one am not ready to lynch him until the season starts and THEN he screws up. If he starts screwin us over a la Jerry Wilson, I'll be ready to lynch the guy while at the same time hoping to see improvement. If he goes through camp next year lookin like he does now, and doesn't show significant improvement by the end of this season, label him a bust.

ppffft. If we listened to people like you we would not have Surtain right now. How easily some of you forget how Surtain looked.

sorry oliver i am just pissed this guy bragged about how great he was and people keep defending him.
He will improve every week and is our 3rd DB so i hope he grows into the position. patrick will take the slot receiver and teams will go after fletch on the outside and he will get some help from the safeties.

i can't wait for the season to start. please lord keep our starters healthy this year and let Feidler make smart decisions with few INT's

I understand...

... but where I'm coming from is he hasn't played bad, or at least I haven't seen it yet. He started 2 games last year for Surtain and IMO he did a good job. I understand some ppl measure DB's by INT's, but I don't. It's all about keeping them out of the endzone to me.

I'll watch the game today, and I'll let you know what I saw on that play you are talking about. Whatever that's worth anyway, I'll do that.

Thankfully we are playing the Lions so it should be a good opening game for us. And like you I can't wait, it seems like years since I've watched a Dolphins game.

Oliver...

Originally posted by zsonka
sorry oliver i am just pissed this guy bragged about how great he was and people keep defending him.
He will improve every week and is our 3rd DB so i hope he grows into the position. patrick will take the slot receiver and teams will go after fletch on the outside and he will get some help from the safeties.

i can't wait for the season to start. please lord keep our starters healthy this year and let Feidler make smart decisions with few INT's

Back
Top Bottom