Watch Xavien Howard Get Beaten For 2 Tds That Never Happen, Thanks To A Rookie Qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Xavien Howard Get Beaten For 2 Tds That Never Happen, Thanks To A Rookie Qb

AnthonySabaNFL

Active Roster
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love Xavien Howard and believe we need to lock him up long term, I'm just not yet ready to declare him the best CB in football. Watch here how he gets beaten for 2 tds vs Bills that never happen, thanks to an inaccurate rookie QB.

The first one was his late reaction in coverage......the second he got faked and slipped on first break.....Yes that was his man but if we had any kind of pass rush this could help

Don't get me wrong, I love Xavien Howard and believe we need to lock him up long term, I'm just not yet ready to declare him the best CB in football. Watch here how he gets beaten for 2 tds vs Bills that never happen, thanks to an inaccurate rookie QB.

Even the best get beat. Were either of these after he came out and went back in (with the knee)?

Well, everyone will get beat from time to time. Is not easy for our DB's to play with no pass rush in front of them. I've been down on the team but not on Howard. This happen in the first jets game too where Darnold made some horrible throws even tho they had guys open all over the field. Our team could very easily be 3-9 right now but our front 7 is more to blame than our DB's imo.

Ted Ginn also torched Darrelle Revis a time or two

But yeah that one long throw scares the hell out of me

It is beyond hysterical ever time I read we should be 8-4 or could be 8-4. Plays like these are very obvious during games but then it's like they never happened, or we were entitled to those errant throws.

Both of these plays have been mentioned since last Sunday, but seldom has Xavien Howard's name been attached to the mention. Quite interesting. Someone will post that Allen missed Zay Jones in the first half and the coverage responsibility is ignored.

The deep ball was apparently wished away into the corn field. Very few references to that.

Turnovers are incredibly vital. Major kudos to Howard for taking advantage every time the opportunity presents itself. But plays like these are the reason I compared Howard to Adam Gase a few days ago. I know it looks strange. Everyone wants to pretend Gase is awful and Howard is awesome. But both of them have odd propensity for the bottom line to turn out far above the actual playing level.

Minkah Fitzpatrick and Xavien Howard are Dolphin stars circa 2018. We have been so starved for elite players we forgot what they look like and want to twist anyone atop our roster to tops in the league.

I remember when an incredibly smart and instinctive and versatile defender/special teams ace like Tim Foley was perhaps the Dolphins' 15th best player. That's how scary that era was in terms of raw talent.

I noticed that Howard gets beat both times in off man coverage with a 10 yard cushion. I think sometimes Howard can get caught looking at the QB in this coverage look because the extra cushion allows him to use his eyes as if he’s in zone coverage. It makes him susceptible to losing his man coverage responsibility. IMO, he’s much better when he is closer to the line of scrimmage, even better when he’s in press man. That allows him to use his length and strength to reroute receivers and his focus seems to be better in those situations.

First play Allen throws it like its zone as if jones should sit down there. Good thing for us. 2nd play Howard slips out of the cut but that’s a nice route that really threatens the corner in the vertical stem. Howard takes the cheese.

I’m pretty sure on the last play of the game that Howard loses his assignment area too but you can’t let the qb run around as much as we did on that play and expect something not to shake loose.

Every good/great CB that's ever played in this league has been lit up for TDs. The rules now just make it happen more frequently. Hardest position in pro football, imo

Back
Top Bottom