Watching Boldin Right Now - He Should Be In OUR Uniform! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Boldin Right Now - He Should Be In OUR Uniform!

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Watching Highlights on Anquan Boldin on ESPN right now. This guy is a STUD!

If it is true that Wannstedt used his control to go with Moore over Boldin, and Spielman wanted Boldin, it makes me sick! :yell:

Yes, say what you will about the fact that Moore "still could be good," it remains a fact that before his injury he had not shown the ability to beat out a very mediocre LB. And, did we NEED a LB as much as we needed a WR? No argument can be made about that.

Boldin looks like a young Terrell Owens. He made Aeneas Williams look like a rookie CB!

If that doesn't give Wannstedt some humble pie, I don't know what will!

I'd have alot more respect for this thread if it was posted before the season. There are 31 teams who's fans say the same thing. Eagles fans still bitch about not drafting Chris Chambers instead of Freddie Mitchell. If anyone has psychic powers, don't hold back tell us from now who will be rookie of the year.

Well, at least you can be rest assured, that when it comes to a situation like that now, Spielman will pick the Boldin and not the Moore.

Why not try trading our first rounder (from OGUN) for Anquan Boldin. The Cards might take it.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Why not try trading our first rounder (from OGUN) for Anquan Boldin. The Cards might take it.

1. Arizona would only do it for a top 10 pick.

2. there are atleast 4 WR's in this draft better then Boldin, IMO

yeah, its a shame we didn't get him, but thats over with, we don't want to trade a first for him.

It is a shame, and I kind of agree that we have a right to be a little angrier than like the 30 other teams who didnt pick him either because Boldin WAS IN our sights. We really liked him and Spielman tried to insist on his being drafted by us at pick #49....but he was overruled.

Don't knock Moore yet though it is unfair to characterize him as someone who didn't even show enough ability to overtake Greenwood before being injured. Moore I don't think even made it to training camp before suffering a freak foot injury. Its not like the guy had all of training camp and preseason to make an impression but didn't. If my memory serves right I don't think he got even ONE preseason game under his belt. He was just a rookie trying to learn the system and the way of the pros when he was taken out of action, and at that time every rookie in the league was likely in the same boat as him even the ones that end up being RoY candidates.

Eddie Moore could be the next Derrick Brooks for all we know. Point is, we DON'T know. Not saying Moore should have been taken over Boldin, I think its clear we would have done well to take Boldin, however its not fair to dump on Moore just because you're pissed we didn't get the rookie of the year. Every team wishes they had the rookie of the year, but the guys they picked could turn out to be pretty good too.

Almost every team in the NFL also regrets not taking Boldin. It sucks that we had him on the phone but Wanny didn't take him. However, Boldin would not have been even close to as productive here as he was in Arizona.

Passing up on Boldin was a huge mistake. He is a stud, but to be quite honest I am getting really sick of these Boldin threads.

Boldin was such a "can't miss" prospect that Arizona chose Bryant Johnson, a second round prospect at best, in the first round last year. Hell even Arizona didn't know what they were getting.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Watching Highlights on Anquan Boldin on ESPN right now. This guy is a STUD!

If it is true that Wannstedt used his control to go with Moore over Boldin, and Spielman wanted Boldin, it makes me sick! :yell:

Randy Moss Could be on our team as well, along with Tom Brady

Originally posted by Stamos
I'd have alot more respect for this thread if it was posted before the season. There are 31 teams who's fans say the same thing. Eagles fans still bitch about not drafting Chris Chambers instead of Freddie Mitchell. If anyone has psychic powers, don't hold back tell us from now who will be rookie of the year.

The reason people get mad is because we had Boldin on the phone while we were on the clock. It was between Moore and Boldin. And Wanny chose Moore.

No actually Johnson was rated to be a late first rounder after he clocked that 4.4.

Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasse stop bringing this topic up over and over again. It makes me sick every time I think of the FACT that Spielman would've taken him had Wanny not gone...welll...Wanny on him and picked Moore. Just thinking about this makes me want to....
:cry:

Originally posted by Stamos

I told everybody here, Fanhome, AND at KFFL that Boldin would be a stud and the steal of the draft, if picked in the 2nd round or lower. I said it since February.

Some of our "draft experts" here don't me how wrong I was, and how "slow" Boldin was. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom