Watching KC's rookies last night. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching KC's rookies last night.

Phins40

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Watching KC's rookies infuriated me that a team as good as KC still needed rookies to contribute and got some big moments from those guys.

Yet people still defend Grier as our 3rd and 4th rounders hardly played all season.

Why is Grier not fired?

I mean we traded most of our 2022 picks to bring in Tyreek Hill. It’s fair to judge his checkered draft history. However, Hill provided exponentially more value than any rookie draft picks. We drafted a WR and LB…areas with a lot of depth for a rookie to break through.

Watching KC's rookies infuriated me that a team as good as KC still needed rookies to contribute and got some big moments from those guys.

Yet people still defend Grier as our 3rd and 4th rounders hardly played all season.

Why is Grier not fired?
Dude. Just stop. He got McD and then went and got freaking Fangio yesterday. Ever heard of an undrafted guy named Kader? how about Holland, Phillips, Waddle, TA, Hill, and the others? I get that there is a blend with good and bad but quit with the "only the bad picks happened" narrative. Oh, and the 9 other guys behind you that are going to do it next? Yeah, they can shut the F up too.

Which rookies were playing great out there??

Just genuinely curious, we knew our guys weren’t expected to hit the ground running. Kind of foolish if you were expecting that out of mid round picks…

Weird post. We had four draft picks last year—a third, a fourth, and two seventh rounders.

One seventh rounder contributed as much or more than most any other seventh rounder. Another was a practice squad stash.

The third rounder didn’t even start in college and was a developmental pick. He also plays maybe the hardest position on defense to learn and was playing for a defensive coordinator who was coaching for his job. We will see next season whether he was a good pick.

The fourth rounder was stuck behind veterans who performed well. Probably could’ve gotten more time if he was good. Maybe he’s a bust. Not unusual for a fourth rounder. We’ll see.

Why is Grier not fired?

Compare Boyer to KC's DC. That will explain part of the difference.

No question Grier has to find contributors in this draft.

Another year can’t go by with nothing to speak of outside of the top 40.

Pacheco looked really good. Speedy and not afraid of contact.
He averaged the same YPC as Mostert this season. Ended up with 11 less carries and 50ish less yards than Mostert to be exact. That isn’t meant to insult Pacheco; he has played well. However, teams don’t sell out to stop KC running the ball. Think he would have struggled a lot more in our offense between back up QBs and a struggling OL.

Why is Grier not fired?
I didn't know Grier decides who plays/contributes... interesting

Back
Top Bottom