Watching the game Russel Wilson tonight. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching the game Russel Wilson tonight.

Vol&dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
Can't believe some people on this board wanted us to try and get him this guy SUCKS. If he deserves a gold jacket for winning the super bowl once then Trent Dilfer Deserves one. I'm not sure who's worse tonight Wilson or Ryan.

Denver 3 prime time games this year so far and all of them have been a dumpster fire.

I don’t understand the Denver coach going for it not 1x but 2x on 4th down when the 1st time would have extended the lead to 6 w 3 min left against an offense that wasn’t going to suddenly be able to go down and get a TD. That was a terrible decision. The.n they get the first down and run the Colts out of timeouts and basically just need to run kick a FG and take a 6 point lead - but instead went for a TD and got picked. Then in OT you can tie it up and you go for the win and the TD when you should tie the game up and try to get another possession. This was one bad decision after another by Hackett - wow he won’t be coaching long if he calls games like this. No wonder Denver fans left w the score tied. And Russell Wilson looks terrible

Can't believe some people on this board wanted us to try and get him this guy SUCKS. If he deserves a gold jacket for winning the super bowl once then Trent Dilfer Deserves one. I'm not sure who's worse tonight Wilson or Ryan.
I wouldn't taint Wilson's entire career over a bad game, even bad season, at the end of his career. It would be like judging Ali's career for his loss to Leon Spinks. Agree it wasn't good game by Wilson, but he's had a very good career and is worthy of any awards or praise he gets.

If Russell Wilson had just tread water in Seattle he likely would have been a HOFer. But he was so obsessed with his legacy and needing personal accolades that he worked his way out of Seattle. And now he's in a situation where he's showing he's not a guy who makes it happen all by himself. He's got weapons in Denver. He's got a defense. But he is just sucking. But just as bad is the coaching. And if you've got a truly inept coaching regime it can set things horribly off track and basically put everyone on the roster in position to be their worst. Pete Carroll isn't a genius but you could never say that about his teams.

Troy Aikman made the HOF and is a prime time broadcaster because he handed the ball off to an unstoppable running game and made the big throws when he had to. Russ could have learned from that and been happy to play a role on a team that made a QB's job easier.

I don’t understand the Denver coach going for it not 1x but 2x on 4th down when the 1st time would have extended the lead to 6 w 3 min left against an offense that wasn’t going to suddenly be able to go down and get a TD. That was a terrible decision. The.n they get the first down and run the Colts out of timeouts and basically just need to run kick a FG and take a 6 point lead - but instead went for a TD and got picked. Then in OT you can tie it up and you go for the win and the TD when you should tie the game up and try to get another possession. This was one bad decision after another by Hackett - wow he won’t be coaching long if he calls games like this. No wonder Denver fans left w the score tied. And Russell Wilson looks terrible
It takes a special type of bad to be a one and done head coach, and Hackett is looking like that special type of bad. If Denver doesn't make the playoffs or at least play great stretch football coming up just short, I can really see that error being corrected pretty fast.

I wouldn't taint Wilson's entire career over a bad game, even bad season, at the end of his career. It would be like judging Ali's career for his loss to Leon Spinks. Agree it wasn't good game by Wilson, but he's had a very good career and is worthy of any awards or praise he gets.
One could say Wilson best years was when he had Marshal Lynch. Tell me what does that say?

One could say Wilson best years was when he had Marshal Lynch. Tell me what does that say?
That a good/great back helps a qb a ton. That doesn't mean Wilson wouldn't have been good during that time without Lynch. But no doubt a rb makes a qb's job a lot easier. But some games, like tonight with Wilson, qbs who are not on the same page with their wrs look bad. Some of it's on the qb and some of it's on wrs and some of it's on the o-line. There are other factors. I say all this, but I do realize when you get the big contract Wilson earned this summer you're going shoulder a ton of the blame right or wrong.

That a good/great back helps a qb a ton. That doesn't mean Wilson wouldn't have been good during that time without Lynch. But no doubt a rb makes a qb's job a lot easier. But some games, like tonight with Wilson, qbs who are not on the same page with their wrs look bad. Some of it's on the qb and some of it's on wrs and some of it's on the o-line. There are other factors. I say all this, but I do realize when you get the big contract Wilson earned this summer you're going shoulder a ton of the blame right or wrong.
Bridgewater was better in Denver then Wilson I guess that's good for us though.

I've long said Denver's talent level was overrated and the talk of them being a QB away was incorrect... That being said a few things.

1.Hackett is in way over his head. He was awful as OC in Buffalo and in Jacksonville. He was legit only hired because Denver thought they could get Aaron Rodgers (ignoring that Rodgers's boy on the staff was Luke Getsy) because before that all signs pointed to Dan Quinn. But the jump to HC is hard. And that team has no creativity offensively. Relying heavily on talent winning at the line.

2.Russ has had a bit of a decline recently but him being THIS bad is somewhat shocking. Some of it is just not being able to improv like he had been. Some is coaching but some is on Russ.

3.I've learned how much former teammates dislike Russ. Mostly because he's become more interested in his brand than the team.

I’m glad a thread was made because seeing the “highlights” of this game was comical. Steve smith breakdown of game was funny too

It takes a special type of bad to be a one and done head coach, and Hackett is looking like that special type of bad. If Denver doesn't make the playoffs or at least play great stretch football coming up just short, I can really see that error being corrected pretty fast.
I mean, I’m watching this unfold and asking myself “is there a single coach in the HOF that would have gone for it on 4th (the first time vs taking a 6 point lead) and I came back w “no”. Then going for a TD after the colts were out of TOs I didn’t even have to ask myself. I really can’t believe what I just saw in terms of game management. Just wow

Back
Top Bottom