Watching the game Russel Wilson tonight. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching the game Russel Wilson tonight.

Not sure if Wilson is dealing with an injury, but some of those throws last night look like someone whose physical ability is betraying him.

He looks old, the sacks may be catching up to him like they did Andrew Luck.

I've long said Denver's talent level was overrated and the talk of them being a QB away was incorrect... That being said a few things.

1.Hackett is in way over his head. He was awful as OC in Buffalo and in Jacksonville. He was legit only hired because Denver thought they could get Aaron Rodgers (ignoring that Rodgers's boy on the staff was Luke Getsy) because before that all signs pointed to Dan Quinn. But the jump to HC is hard. And that team has no creativity offensively. Relying heavily on talent winning at the line.

2.Russ has had a bit of a decline recently but him being THIS bad is somewhat shocking. Some of it is just not being able to improv like he had been. Some is coaching but some is on Russ.

3.I've learned how much former teammates dislike Russ. Mostly because he's become more interested in his brand than the team.
And that's really what it all comes down to. How can a guy who was an underdog who carries himself with such professionalism and dignity turn so many away from him? As it turns out, he lost his contentment with just winning- it wasn't enough unless he was the reason his team was winning, so he could get the personal accolades. And Seattle really did try to placate him, and the more they structured the team around what he wanted, the less team success they had.

Wilson is a good QB, borderline great. But the hype on this Denver move was out of control. Wilson has really only had team success when he was a component of an offense, not the entire offense. And there are some limitations to his game that Seattle was willing to work with and structure around, but he was mislabeled as a guy who was one of those QB's who could be a structure unto themselves. He himself wanted to be the structure, and now its clearly being shown that he can't.

If that would of been Tua at QB he would of been slammed beyond belief but it's Wilson so it's just a bad game. Ok he's won a superbowl in the past and could of won 2 except for an ill advised pass against the Pats, but this season it looks like age is catching up with him he looks slow and no zip in his throws.

I always thought Wilson was overrated. When he came into the league Seattle brought him along really slowly, allowing him to develop into a decent QB. Then we got to hear how great he was, and how we should've drafted him instead of Tannehill, and how we would've become a contending team. I have no doubt in my mind that if Miami had drafted Wilson, he wouldn't have been any better than Tannehill.

If that would of been Tua at QB he would of been slammed beyond belief but it's Wilson so it's just a bad game. Ok he's won a superbowl in the past and could of won 2 except for an ill advised pass against the Pats, but this season it looks like age is catching up with him he looks slow and no zip in his throws.
You’ve not been paying attention. Wilson’s been slammed by the National media ever since reporting to Broncos camp looking like a guy in a fat suit.

Back
Top Bottom