Watching the QB Battle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching the QB Battle

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
New reports indicate that the plans for tonight's game may have changed, with AJ and Jay splitting time in the first 1/2 and Sage playing most of the second half.

I think this will lead to a more balanced and even look at the two main QBs, while giving the SageHeads something to see later in the game.

Fiedler: while it's common to hear that we know exactly what Jay brings to the table, he did have two of his best games in late 2004, incluing I believe career high yardage (Along with Chambers) in the final Jets game. Interesting to see Thompson (finally) catch a few balls in those games as well. He's not Marino, but I'm personally not convinced that he can't still improve.

Feeley: I'm a Fiedler apologist, but I think the pre-season games are Feeley's best chance to win the starting job. Why? Because his reputation has been that he's a horrible 'practice' player who shows something else when the lights are on. I think we'll see what that is in the next two weeks.

Sage: I give the Front Office the benefit of the doubt here...I think if Sage really showed somehting in practice, he'd be given more of an opportunity. The only reason I can think of to avoid it is that his contract is up (I believe) at the end of the season. I was surpised they did not send him to NFLE this year, but they may want a shot to sign him again for third string money. But I really don't think the front office believes he is the answer. For those that want to see him play, check him out in the second half, but remember he's playing with the scrubs and against the scrubs.

As always, the battle will depend on the other positions, especially the o-line and WR play, but also the running game. In any event, it'll be good to see the team take the field. When it comes to the QB battle, the key is that the man who gives the team the best chance to win should start. May the best man win!

actually Jay's last 5 startes matched Brian's first 5 starts in patheticness. Slightly better in a few catergories, and the same in most.

Phinzone said:
actually Jay's last 5 startes matched Brian's first 5 starts in patheticness. Slightly better in a few catergories, and the same in most.

Whos Brian?

BizarroAndres said:
Whos Brian?
He's refering to the competition last year. Brian Griese.

EDIT: Spelling correction. heh,heh

Phinzone said:

You're right..

Fiedler's last 4 games of last season he had 2 TD's..6 INT's and 4 fumbles lost..

Griese's last 4 games as a Dolphin...he had 2 TD's..6 INT's and 4 fumbles lost..

Ok, that's kinda weird.

BlitPhinFan said:
He's refering to the competition last year. Brian Grese.

Thats what I thought. Now, how many games did brian win, and how many did fiedler win?

BizarroAndres said:
Thats what I thought. Now, how many games did brian win, and how many did fiedler win?
I wasn't stating that Griese was better than Fiedler. I was just answering your question. :D

BlitPhinFan said:
I wasn't stating that Griese was better than Fiedler. I was just answering your question. :D

LOL, I was asking the guy that first said the thing about brian and jay.

Back
Top Bottom