Waters just signed by Pats! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waters just signed by Pats!

Pioli has a good kid to plug in in place of waters, who was due to make good money this season. Pats had a need after Connolly went down and his backup got IR'd. Doubt he'll be ready to start next Monday, but expect he'll be the starter by wk 2.

you should never be happy with your OL. I believe you draft bigtime on OL. Apparently, a lot of you GM's were against drafting OL, now your crying a river! speaking of the groupthink mentality.

What I am telling you is that Brian Waters = Vernon Carey. VC was a probowler too ya know? Brian Waters is a stop gap for New England cus they have probs up front with injuries. That is why he is a NE Patriot. He has been in the league 11 years.

I would bet money that Waters doesnt make it through the season cus it has been said he has been a little lazy in offseason and was involved with players strike. Pioli said it was time to go.

What you are saying is basically Waters is still great. I am saying go look at tape of some stuff on waters on other boards and look for youself. I am telling you we already have a BRian Waters and his name is Vernon Carey.

I am telling you if I were Nolan, and i see this guy in starting lineup, I am blitzing right up his gut. dude just got his playbook minutes ago. game is in one week. good Luck Brian!

Pioli has a good kid to plug in in place of waters, who was due to make good money this season. Pats had a need after Connolly went down and his backup got IR'd. Doubt he'll be ready to start next Monday, but expect he'll be the starter by wk 2.

I have to respectfully disagree, Waters is no Jag back up player even though he's a little long in the tooth. He is a clear up-grade over Connolly at this stage of the game and I have no doubt he starts on Monday. Now can he stay healthy all season is the real question, either way it was a great option to bring him in.

I am all for drafting Two Tackles and a G next year. That notion woulndt see the light of day on this board. But then we cry later as if....

I know Columbo is stiff and slow. I know Carey is playing lazy and uninspired.

I also know vs. what is out there, is there really an upgrade? I mean, this FO has probly looked at film on waters, gurode, davis, ect. all day long and had scouts lookin too. why did other teams not go for waters? Not desperate enough yet. NE is. they probly know all about Ohara's probs. Nobody signing him that i can tell. whats up with these guys? I just dont see how we smucks on a laptop know any more than organizations who pay people to get and analyze film.

FOXBOROUGH - Entering his 12th NFL season, offensive lineman Brian Waters decided he could be picky.

The Chiefs released Waters in July after 11 seasons. Even at age 34, Waters said his phone never stopped ringing for weeks after his release from teams interested in his services.
But the phone call that lifted Waters out of his seat came from the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/09/06/new_team_no_problem_for_waters/

According to this article Waters said other teams were very interested in his services ("his phone never stopped ringing for weeks") he just chose to go with NE for obvious reasons. What player wouldn't want to play for a year in year out contender?

Hopefully, NE will continue their trend of the last few years and Waters will get to feel the same level of accomplishment he did in KC last year. Division winner, and knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. :D

Back
Top Bottom