Watson to Browns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson to Browns

Thats where you going with that?

Come on man. Watson is a top tier qb. One playoff win and the guy is barely hitting his prime.

He has been “insane” in a bad texans team.
Bad Texans team? That team was getting 9 wins with Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, and Brian Hoyer starting games. Not long before that, Matt Schaub was pulling in 12 wins and 10 wins. The Texans were a team that, with the exception of 2013, was competitive regardless of QB play for years until Watson got there, so don't feed me that "bad team" narrative. People say bad team because in Watson's last year they went 4-12...something I thought a "top tier QB" was supposedly top tier because a top tier QB would never go 4-12.

I don't necessarily see Watson as "barely hitting his prime" either. Watson plays recklessly in the pocket and is overly reliant on legs to create time to make plays downfield instead of just making progressions in the pocket. Credit to him that he didn't miss more games except for the freak ACL injury his rookie year, while guys like Baker Mayfield are always getting banged up, but he's not gonna age the same way that pocket passers do both because he will beat himself up more physically and also because his play style is dependent on athleticism that's going to decline, especially exposing himself to repeated hits like he does.

He also hasn't played football for a full season and might be affected a bit by the ordeal he's been through the last year.

Bad Texans team? That team was getting 9 wins with Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, and Brian Hoyer starting games. Not long before that, Matt Schaub was pulling in 12 wins and 10 wins. The Texans were a team that, with the exception of 2013, was competitive regardless of QB play for years until Watson got there, so don't feed me that "bad team" narrative. People say bad team because in Watson's last year they went 4-12...something I thought a "top tier QB" was supposedly top tier because a top tier QB would never go 4-12.

I don't necessarily see Watson as "barely hitting his prime" either. Watson plays recklessly in the pocket and is overly reliant on legs to create time to make plays downfield instead of just making progressions in the pocket. Credit to him that he didn't miss more games except for the freak ACL injury his rookie year, while guys like Baker Mayfield are always getting banged up, but he's not gonna age the same way that pocket passers do both because he will beat himself up more physically and also because his play style is dependent on athleticism that's going to decline, especially exposing himself to repeated hits like he does.

He also hasn't played football for a full season and might be affected a bit by the ordeal he's been through the last year.

The one year they went to the playoffs they were still solid.

The year they went 4-12 the defense was sorry af. They purged that team and it was bad. Watson kept them in most games that year.

Trying to disprove his talent because of his price and allegations is weird.

Is he a weirdo and does he have a mess on his hands? Sure. Is he a top 10 qb? Yes.

He hasnt played in a minute and yea thats a worry but its not often qb’s of his talent get shopped.

Back
Top Bottom