Watson to Browns | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson to Browns

The one year they went to the playoffs they were still solid.

The year they went 4-12 the defense was sorry af. They purged that team and it was bad. Watson kept them in most games that year.

Trying to disprove his talent because of his price and allegations is weird.

Is he a weirdo and does he have a mess on his hands? Sure. Is he a top 10 qb? Yes.

He hasnt played in a minute and yea thats a worry but its not often qb’s of his talent get shopped.
Is he a top 10 QB? I would say yes but he's much closer to 10 than one and don't think that's worth 3 first round picks. You send that out for a guy who can elevate your team single handedly and the best Watson ever did was 11-5 and a second round playoff exit. And this is a guy whose highlight reel play and raw passing stats obscure the fact that he is frequently handicapping his own team by saddling them with a lot of sacks that didn't need to be taken, killing drives, so you've got to look beyond just the passing numbers and see that sometimes they don't tell the full story.

Is he a top 10 QB? I would say yes but he's much closer to 10 than one and don't think that's worth 3 first round picks. You send that out for a guy who can elevate your team single handedly and the best Watson ever did was 11-5 and a second round playoff exit. And this is a guy whose highlight reel play and raw passing stats obscure the fact that he is frequently handicapping his own team by saddling them with a lot of sacks that didn't need to be taken, killing drives, so you've got to look beyond just the passing numbers and see that sometimes they don't tell the full story.

Watson > Mayfield
Watson >….

Thats whats most important.

Time will tell if this trade is worth it. Will he elevate the browns? If he is any shell of his former self then yes.

I dont think someone loses that ability to play in the NFL just like that. The stats are stats… he made plays with his legs and his eyes and arm. He is a dual threat and a very good passer. I dont get how people hate on him so much besides for what he is accused of. On the field he is a playmaker.

Watson > Mayfield
Watson >….

Thats whats most important.

Time will tell if this trade is worth it. Will he elevate the browns? If he is any shell of his former self then yes.

I dont think someone loses that ability to play in the NFL just like that. The stats are stats… he made plays with his legs and his eyes and arm. He is a dual threat and a very good passer. I dont get how people hate on him so much besides for what he is accused of. On the field he is a playmaker.
It's not really as simple as Watson better than Baker. While we've seen.Baker lose a lot if games with turnovers Watson will lose some with sacks and poor situational football. Baker has the same number of playoff wins with an organization practically the biggest laughing stock in all American sports. They have some good pieces on the roster now but half the reason they didn't advance as expected under Baker had to do with players that just didn't take the next step. And now with the huge trade package and extension the ability to improve that roster has been really hampered.

I've seen Deshaun Watson take over a team that was a fringe playoff team already and the team success was as dramatically better as one would think with a better playmaker. As competitive as the Texans were before he got there you would have thought they would be a championship contender with a legit qb. They got one playoff win and not even a conference championship out of it. And he developed the attitude that he should get to run the team out if it too.

It's not really as simple as Watson better than Baker. While we've seen.Baker lose a lot if games with turnovers Watson will lose some with sacks and poor situational football. Baker has the same number of playoff wins with an organization practically the biggest laughing stock in all American sports. They have some good pieces on the roster now but half the reason they didn't advance as expected under Baker had to do with players that just didn't take the next step. And now with the huge trade package and extension the ability to improve that roster has been really hampered.

I've seen Deshaun Watson take over a team that was a fringe playoff team already and the team success was as dramatically better as one would think with a better playmaker. As competitive as the Texans were before he got there you would have thought they would be a championship contender with a legit qb. They got one playoff win and not even a conference championship out of it. And he developed the attitude that he should get to run the team out if it too.

So you telling me baker didnt have a stacked team around him? As much of a laughingstock that organization has been.. the teams baker failed to elevate have been stacked. Thats on baker… the offense didnt produce.

Still with less talent Watson will be forced to elevate this team on his arm and legs.

We will agree to disagree. Its as simple as one qb is better than the other. One comes with more baggage and more expensive… but if it a team feels they need to make that move for whatever reason… kudos to them. Smart or not smart, they know they want an elite qb. They already had a top 15 qb…

So you telling me baker didnt have a stacked team around him? As much of a laughingstock that organization has been.. the teams baker failed to elevate have been stacked. Thats on baker… the offense didnt produce.

Still with less talent Watson will be forced to elevate this team on his arm and legs.

We will agree to disagree. Its as simple as one qb is better than the other. One comes with more baggage and more expensive… but if it a team feels they need to make that move for whatever reason… kudos to them. Smart or not smart, they know they want an elite qb. They already had a top 15 qb…
Have the Briwns had some pieces? Yes. But the perception around the league has been predicated on guys like OBJ who haven't done well in the environment of Cleveland while it was expected that young players would develop in ways they haven't.

Cleveland for a while has overestimated the amount of talent they had while under estimating the importance of team chemistry. There's been sideshow there pretty consistently that have held the team back. Maybe Watson fixes that, but hampering their ability to improve their roster much from here us quite a gamble. They are tryingbto swing fir the fences like the Rams, but that's a team that had been to a Super Bowl under McVay and that wasn't a constant sideshow thst is somehow hoping to get fixed by a guy with Watsons issues.

Have the Briwns had some pieces? Yes. But the perception around the league has been predicated on guys like OBJ who haven't done well in the environment of Cleveland while it was expected that young players would develop in ways they haven't.

Cleveland for a while has overestimated the amount of talent they had while under estimating the importance of team chemistry. There's been sideshow there pretty consistently that have held the team back. Maybe Watson fixes that, but hampering their ability to improve their roster much from here us quite a gamble. They are tryingbto swing fir the fences like the Rams, but that's a team that had been to a Super Bowl under McVay and that wasn't a constant sideshow thst is somehow hoping to get fixed by a guy with Watsons issues.
I don’t mean any disrespect at all but it sounds like you are trying really hard to convince the board and yourself that he’s not an elite level guy. Closer to 10 than 1? Maybe… but depends on who you’re talking to. Those Houston teams were not as good as you’re making them out to be.

Yes he had a bad record the last season he played but that was hardly bc of him. He led the league in passing among other things with a 33-7 TD/INT ratio which is great. He will absolutely elevate Cleveland bc as the other guy said they have a lot of talent and more than you’re giving credit for. Cleveland is a true SB challenger with him now.

He is absolutely the kind of QB that can elevate his team and put them on his back. Point to the 4-12 season all you want but Matt Stafford has quite a few of those and just won a SB the 1st year he’s traded to a functional franchise. You can also point to the fact that yes he does take sacks but I’ll rebuttal with I’d rather have my guy take sacks than turn the ball over. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don’t mean any disrespect at all but it sounds like you are trying really hard to convince the board and yourself that he’s not an elite level guy. Closer to 10 than 1? Maybe… but depends on who you’re talking to. Those Houston teams were not as good as you’re making them out to be.

Yes he had a bad record the last season he played but that was hardly bc of him. He led the league in passing among other things with a 33-7 TD/INT ratio which is great. He will absolutely elevate Cleveland bc as the other guy said they have a lot of talent and more than you’re giving credit for. Cleveland is a true SB challenger with him now.

He is absolutely the kind of QB that can elevate his team and put them on his back. Point to the 4-12 season all you want but Matt Stafford has quite a few of those and just won a SB the 1st year he’s traded to a functional franchise. You can also point to the fact that yes he does take sacks but I’ll rebuttal with I’d rather have my guy take sacks than turn the ball over. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I don't believe Deshaun Watson is an elite guy. His tendency to create sacks by looking too hard to make a big play keeps him from having the real impact and winning that his numbers would suggest. People want to put him in this pedestal with guys like Brady and Rodgers who will just scrape their way to wins however they need to do it, and I put him just above the guys like Kirk Cousins and Kyler Murray who put up good numbers but whose team success doesn't necessarily match up with what you would expect out of the numbers. There's an aspect of QB playing and playing situational football that goes beyond numbers- sometimes you gotta take a small loss or minimal gain on a play and move forward, but that's just not something Watson does. And that's why I don't see him as an upper level guy. I see him as the guy who could win one or two more games a year than Brock Osweiler and Ryan Fitzpatrick could win- which is what he was.

Marino went 6-10 in '88. Depends on who you have around you.
1988 was practically a different sport than the pass friendly game that allows qbs more impact than ever before. Marino also never won a championship and went to the same amount of Super Bowls as David Woodley.

I still wish we had traded for Watson. hes only 25 or 26 yrs old. even if he misses the entire year, which is doubtful, okay, so he will come back and be 26 or 27.

dolphins fans would have been thrilled with Watson at QB winning us games.

Back
Top Bottom