Watson was 4 settlements away from becoming a Dolphin. Interesting Quick read... | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson was 4 settlements away from becoming a Dolphin. Interesting Quick read...

He should have been and Goodell knows it. 40% of all fans are said to be female.. he also knows that!
The judge for this hearing was an Independent, female judge with no ties to the NFL, correct? I don't mean this in an inflammatory way at all, but I'm just curious why there isn't some sentiment from those that disagree with the decision that at least gives this female judge some credit for actually hearing all the facts (Most of which none of us have any knowledge of), and then making an impartial decision not based on any agenda.

Many don't like the process solely based on the outcome of the process. It's unreasonable to expect to agree with all of these types of decisions. As far as precedent is concerned, I'm not 100% certain but isn't this the first time an Independent judge was used? If so, this will set a new precedent for the burden of proof as it pertains to the NFL code of conduct as it currently stands. They can always change the code moving forward.

The ADA was intimidated by his lawyer, spoke with that staff countless times... and didn't even call the investigating detective to the stand who was both surprised and convinced that Watson committed multiple unlawful acts.
Yep. The police investigator on this case said they were convinced Watson committed multiple sex crimes. And now Judge Robinson has ruled the NFL met the burden of proof that Watson's behaviour in the four cases they presented on amounted to sexual assault. And yet six games, what a joke.

From the ruling: "...I find the evidence sufficient to demonstrate that Mr. Watson knew, or should have known, that any contact between his penis and these therapists was unwanted. I, therefore, find that the NFL has carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four therapists identified in the Report. Mr. Watson violated the Policy in this regard."

But there will be a lot of people claiming Watson has been vindicated regardless.

The judge for this hearing was an Independent, female judge with no ties to the NFL, correct? I don't mean this in an inflammatory way at all, but I'm just curious why there isn't some sentiment from those that disagree with the decision that at least gives this female judge some credit for actually hearing all the facts (Most of which none of us have any knowledge of), and then making an impartial decision not based on any agenda.

Many don't like the process solely based on the outcome of the process. It's unreasonable to expect to agree with all of these types of decisions. As far as precedent is concerned, I'm not 100% certain but isn't this the first time an Independent judge was used? If so, this will set a new precedent for the burden of proof as it pertains to the NFL code of conduct as it currently stands. They can always change the code moving forward.
The judge put #GoBrowns at the end of her statement. Conflict of interest.

Back
Top Bottom