Way to beat NE:: O-Gun! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Way to beat NE:: O-Gun!

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
The New England Patriots are the Super Bowl champs. The are the favorites to do it again this year. The team has improved off of last season. Dillion, Colvin is back at 100%, and they improved their defensive line. Bottom line they have very few weak spots.

Their main weak spot though is the o-line. It isn't anything special. What's Miami's strong point...........THE D-LINE! I think Miami matches up very well against New England (they are one of the few teams that do). If Miami re-signs O-Gun, and puts out a monster D-line, I think Miami has a shot to be a team that can knock off New England.

I know a lot of people here think NE is just lucky and not very good. Well, I disagree I think they are better than advertised and they are the team Miami must be measured against. Miami can beat these guys, they have the d-line that can keep coming all day long and make NE's o-line break. O-Gun is the key though, will we sign him already!

MikeO said:
The New England Patriots are the Super Bowl champs. The are the favorites to do it again this year. The team has improved off of last season. Dillion, Colvin is back at 100%, and they improved their defensive line. Bottom line they have very few weak spots.

Their main weak spot though is the o-line. It isn't anything special. What's Miami's strong point...........THE D-LINE! I think Miami matches up very well against New England (they are one of the few teams that do). If Miami re-signs O-Gun, and puts out a monster D-line, I think Miami has a shot to be a team that can knock off New England.

I know a lot of people here think NE is just lucky and not very good. Well, I disagree I think they are better than advertised and they are the team Miami must be measured against. Miami can beat these guys, they have the d-line that can keep coming all day long and make NE's o-line break. O-Gun is the key though, will we sign him already!
Very true but, Colvin is not 100 percent and never will be again. As a matter of fact he isn't even participating in training camp if i remember right.

Miami had O-Gun last year. Miami was 0-2 against New England.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I think he's talking about if we have a healthy Bowens, Chester and get Ogunleye signed.

Otherwise, you are correct. I also think with the depth in the secondary and line backing crew we can pull off some 6 and 7 DB's and still get pressure. Chester has lost weight but has gained some serious speed, athletics and strength. Should be interresting to say the least.

finzfan4life said:
Can someone please tell me what pmd means on this board??

Private message, as in go check your PM, someone has written to you..and if they PMD you, it just mean they already sent you the message..check you mail. :D

I personally think Dillan is going to screw NE. They are going to change a game plan that was working due to the fact they have a high production back. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Seems to me the way to beat NE these days is to outcoach them.............. BIG question mark for us.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Mare choked TWICE one game. And it took 4 ft of snow and a McMichael missed block for them to beat Miami the other time.

Miami can beat these guys....Chester is in better shape than last year, JT doesn't have the off the field distractions he had last year, and O-Gun will have a new deal hopefully.

Miami has more depth on defense at every position this season. Losing Brock is a plus (more speed by him gome). Now if we can only get Seau and Zach off the field on 3rd downs and long (as they should be) and get more speed on the field in obvious passing situations, then we could maybe be the best defense in the league.

Reggie Howard would START for about 31 other teams, he is MIami's 3rd down back. This defense is really loaded. If "egos" get out of the way and if Jim Bates mixes up stuff, I think this could be a squad that carries this team far in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom