Way to beat NE:: O-Gun! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Way to beat NE:: O-Gun!

MikeO said:
Miami has more depth on defense at every position this season. Losing Brock is a plus (more speed by him gome). Now if we can only get Seau and Zach off the field on 3rd downs and long (as they should be) and get more speed on the field in obvious passing situations, then we could maybe be the best defense in the league.
Funny you should mention that. It seems that Jim Baites is up to his old tricks now that we have this depth. I have heard rumors of a 6 and a 7 defensive back set going in this year. Weather or no this happens remains to be seen. But if they are even thinking abaout it, then that in and of itself is good news!

BlitPhinFan said:
Funny you should mention that. It seems that Jim Baites is up to his old tricks now that we have this depth. I have heard rumors of a 6 and a 7 defensive back set going in this year. Weather or no this happens remains to be seen. But if they are even thinking abaout it, then that in and of itself is good news!
Good to a point. That is a nice "gimmick" defense once in a while. But Miami is already undersized on defense. JT and Zach are prime examples of guys who play their position undersized. Bigger, stronger teams, have had a history of pushing us around and beating up on us. So, going small with 6 or 7 DB's while once in a while is nice.........I wouldn't want to see too much.

Our problem against NE has been offense not defense unless O-gun can play QB he is not the solution to beating NE.

Once again, I disagree. Take away the SNOW BOWL game. No offense could move in that.

Look at the 1st meeting last year. Miami's offense was fine. Put them in positions to win the game MULTIPLE times. Especially late in the 4th quarter and in OT. Where was that vaunted NE defense then? They didn't rise to the occassion. Miami's Offense put this team in a place to score and win the game. It was MARE who lost that game.

Go back to the Week 17 game 2 years ago. Miami had a what.....17 pt lead (maybe larger I forget now) with 4 min to go and lost? Not because of the Miami offense. The offense put up enough points to win. The defense blew it. Miami can score on NE. Always have been and do it better than most teams.

MikeO said:
Good to a point. That is a nice "gimmick" defense once in a while. But Miami is already undersized on defense. JT and Zach are prime examples of guys who play their position undersized. Bigger, stronger teams, have had a history of pushing us around and beating up on us. So, going small with 6 or 7 DB's while once in a while is nice.........I wouldn't want to see too much.
Yes, that was my point though. It's at least a change of pace and is actualy viable with the debt we have on defense now. Believe me, I am definitly not saying base the defense off this formation! I am just saying that it's nice to have the option to use it in certain circumstances now. Anything to throw off the opposing offense is a good thing in my book. This defense got too predictable just like the offense.

MikeO said:
Once again, I disagree. Take away the SNOW BOWL game. No offense could move in that.

Look at the 1st meeting last year. Miami's offense was fine. Put them in positions to win the game MULTIPLE times. Especially late in the 4th quarter and in OT. Where was that vaunted NE defense then? They didn't rise to the occassion. Miami's Offense put this team in a place to score and win the game. It was MARE who lost that game.

Go back to the Week 17 game 2 years ago. Miami had a what.....17 pt lead (maybe larger I forget now) with 4 min to go and lost? Not because of the Miami offense. The offense put up enough points to win. The defense blew it. Miami can score on NE. Always have been and do it better than most teams.
it was an 11 point lead. And dont kid yourself our offense didnt struggle because of the snow it struggled because of NE's D. I seem to remember a game against buffalo in 2002 where Ricky had over 200 yards and we put up at least 24 points.

Back
Top Bottom