We All Should Thank Norv Turner For Coming Here...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We All Should Thank Norv Turner For Coming Here......

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.....What an offensive clinic today! I was at the game----and it was just a magnificent performance by this entire group. Here are some top observations....

1. NORV TURNER..... The play-calling was as good today....as anyone has ever seen in recent memory......NORV is getting everyone open....be it the FB, the TE...the WR...the third down back....it was almost effortless for JAY today....just about...every play that NORV called....worked. This is the coordinator that we have yearned for...for so many years....and we haven't even seen hardly anything yet. What an off-season acquisition...thank goodness that GEORGIA TECH had their head coaching vacancy last season. Thanks for coming to SOuth FLorida NORV....

2. RICKY WILLIAMS......110 yards....2 TDS in his debut. And only in what....20 carries or so? Again....Norv is using RICKY very effectively also. I saw RICKY also get in there and throw in some good blocks to give JAY more time... His 37 yard scamper down the sideline with dance partner....JAMIE NAILS...was something you have not seen around here....since the days of perhaps....LARRY LITTLE and MERCURY MORRIS.

3. JAMIE NAILS..... Just an outstanding...GRADE A performance. Larry Little himself must have seen visions of his glory days....when he saw his old jersey number on NAILS....keeping up and throwing a last minute block....before RICKY was finally brought down on that play. But besides that great play......NAILS was pancaking guys all over the place....

4. MARK DIXON......also has got to get some kudos...for playing LT so well.....and combining with NAILS for some great openings on that left side. NORV went that way many times...and its because of his confidence on what he was seeing out there....and that was two guys who were really in sync....DIXON and NAILS.

5. ROBERT EDWARDS....... NORV has found a way for a talented guy like this....to get on the field...as the third down back....and we are saying...RICKY is not going to be in there on third downs? Well....no problem.....go ahead now...and give RICKY his breather...and gatorade.....we can all deal with EDWARDS and his soft hands and tough runs....until your ready to bring back Ricky. Edwards continues his cinderalla act....and the way he is going.....lets hope the clock does not strike midnight anytime soon. A great third down run---whcih netted a first down....and 2 Td's to equal RICKY's? You have to be kidding? Robert Edwards....hard work does indeed pay off...folks.

6. RANDY McMICHAEL......what a circus catch....what a TD....and what a gem of a 4th round pick in this past draft. His impact is going to be talked about now....like SHOCKEY in New York. And did you guys see some of his blocking as well? He is doing it all.....and when is the last time a TE....lead all Wide Recievers in overall catches in a game?

7. CHRIS CHAMBERS.....made a spectacular leaping catch....and he ran the post flag for that easy, effortless Touchdown pass from JAY. His maturity level for only his second season....is extraordinary.....he should be in the Pro Bowl this season.

8. ROB KONRAD......may be the happiest Dolphin in the locker room....probably has Chan Gailey's picture inside his locker....for motivation. He also probably would like to take out NORV TURNER to the nearest HOOTERS for some beer and chicken wings as well! Rob was running out those flat patterns...with deadly precision...and some helmet-busting extra yard bursts...he looks terrific now in this offense.

9. JAY FIEDLER..... you have to give him credit....he executed beutifully for the most part---all day today. The only glitch is that he must get more accurate on the long throws to CHAMBERS.....who was so wide open on that one play....but besides that.....who in DOlphin land is going to boo Jay Fiedler today.......if he plays as efficient as this....believe me.....we are going places.

10. TRENT GAMBLE......his heads up play....to stay with the football...after he knew it went off CASH's leg....was just fantastic. That Touchdown has to be one of the easiest there is to get....in the annals of the NFL.....but its not easy to achieve in the first place.....and thats why also....you have to give some credit to Punter MARK ROYALS....whose directional punting methods struck a bulls-eye....when it did indeed deflect off of CASH's leg. ANd thanks to CASH as well....who knew that ROYALS had the propensity to kick it down that way.....and literally going toward that direction. It depicts why the Lions are....well...the Lions.

11. AJ JOHNSON.....he was very nervous today...in his first game. He had a fumble and made a cardinal sin....by fair catching a punt at the 8 yard line. He did almost break one though....which showed why he is back there......like I said...he will learn from these mistakes....luckily....this was the type of game where he can make these type of mistakes.

12. JAMAR FLETCHER......he played well today. He moved in to play regular corner when SAM went out....and did a nice job. The pass interference call was not really that.....if he can play like he did today....the Dolphins will be very happy...

13. Who would have thought that ROB BURNETT would get the first sack? He made some plays today...was fresh and agressive when he was in there.

14. CHESTER and BOWENS.....even though they werent really tested today.....did what they are paid to do....stuff the inside running game.

15. It was good to see that BROCK MARION played well today....he had the INT to start the second half....that literally put the fork in the LIONS meat....for good.

16. I still would like to see some more action coming out of our outside LB's......GREENWOOD and ROGERS. There names were not called out.....many times today....on tackles....Just want them to get more involved with making a key tackle...a key breakup.....we have not seen that much of that.

17. I like the way BATES changed up the Defenisve line....rotating everyone around....including JASON TAYLOR playing like in LB setup....in zone coverage. Also.....the safeties...are cheating up more....and it looks like there are more defensive changes going on....."on the fly".....which is very refreshing....compared to past years.

18. SAM MADISON has told just about all.....that he will be able to play next week. He says he just re-aggravated an old injury....overall.....this does not look serious. They will see if there is any swelling tomorrow....with the MRI being done...regardless. Other than that......the Dolphins look like they came away from this game....in great shape.

19. Unfortuanately......we can't play the LIONS every week......and next week's game will be a real nice test on the road against the Colts....who looks like they struggled against the JAGS today.....but won. We need SAM back for this one....with HARRISON and MANNING and JAMES. If SAM does not play.....we are looking at Fletcher in his place....with RAY GREEN in the nickel......and that could be a major problem.

20. We are 1-0.....our confidence and locker room mentality is very high.....and we have NORV TURNER once again.....up there...calling plays. This should be quite a barn-burner.....offensively. This game may be won on the special teams....and who does not turn over the football the most.....that is the key. Looking forward.....a great weekend of football this week.......capped off with the CANES and DOLPHINS victories.

DCH

Thanks for yet another great analysis. I had to go to a local bar to watch this one cuz I live in the God forsaken state of Indiana now, but I can't wait til next week when I can rub a win in the face of these Hoosiers!

Ricky Williams

I heard has a seperated shoulder.
Any news there on that?
Please tell us if this is acurate or not.

I think that would have been all over the news.

I haven't seen or heard a thing about it, and he looked just fine in the locker room after the game.

''I think I separated my shoulder,'' he says after rushing for 111 yards in Miami's 49-21 dismantling of Detroit on Sunday. ``It happened on one of the first plays. I couldn't lift my arm over my head after that. No big deal. I played all last year with a separated shoulder. I'll know when I wake up in the morning if it's separated again.''

Thank Norv for coming here?

Well in that case you should first thank Jimmy Johnson for throwing a temper tantrum to get his boy Dave to come to Miami.

Then thank Dave for getting his friend Norv to come to Miami.

Lastly, thank Norv for his solid gameplan to beat the Lions!

:lol:

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Hello Everyone.....What an offensive clinic today! I was at the game----and it was just a magnificent performance by this entire group. Here are some top observations....

1. NORV TURNER.....

2. RICKY WILLIAMS..His 37 yard scamper down the sideline with dance partner....JAMIE NAILS...was something you have not seen around here....since the days of perhaps....LARRY LITTLE and MERCURY MORRIS.

5. ROBERT EDWARDS.......

6. RANDY McMICHAEL......

7. CHRIS CHAMBERS.....

8. ROB KONRAD......

While I agree with all of your thoughts , I just had to single out these ones....man I was really impressed by those catches and play by McMichael, Chambers, and especially Konrad. And how GREAT was it to see Edwards in that endzone???????? TWICE!!!!!!!

And Ricky's run down the sideline....HAHAHA....he was carrying three Lions with him for the last 5 yards of that run.......WOOOOO HOOO...that had us ROARING!!!

Indeed, Norv Turner has at his disposal a complete offensive unit.....ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ??????????????

:D :D :D :D

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom