We are winning with no name players Hats off to the Coaching staff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are winning with no name players Hats off to the Coaching staff

Sure would love Tua but I have been waiting for a coach much longer. Look Brady is great but when Brady was out Bill kept winning with different QBs. So there's that. Next stop lets see if we can find a guy to get the picks right. Lamer Jackson was picked late in the first round so keep that in your hat.

Sure would love Tua but I have been waiting for a coach much longer. Look Brady is great but when Brady was out Bill kept winning with different QBs. So there's that. Next stop lets see if we can find a guy to get the picks right. Lamer Jackson was picked late in the first round so keep that in your hat.

As was Dan Marino.

We're starting to earn some respect. Bill Cowher of all people praised our defense for playing tough and communicating. He said we were playing mostly man today because the coaches have determined that we are better at man than zone. We came up big in pass defense. We came up with some picks and had our hands on balls all game. All throws were contested and the DBs were coming up and making some big hits.

Coach Flores should be commended for doing a brilliant job in such a difficult situation. On one hand the roster is totally depleted and on the other hand the players and coaches are trying to win games. What we're left with is a crazy season where fans complain after wins! Nobody know how things will finish. We still could get the #1 or #2 pick. My concern is to make sure we get either Tua or Burrow. I'm guessing we finish with 3-5 wins. The Bengals should get the #1 pick. If that's how it shakes out they will take Joe Burrow imo. That leaves us with the guy we were tanking for in the first place! Run the card up to the podium and snag Tua who will be a major star in the NFL imo. Tua reminds me of Russell Wilson and that's pretty good. With all of our draft capital we have a lot of power to move up if needed. If we finish #3 we should still manage to come away with Tua but it will cost. I don't care one bit, get your QB.

I have been waiting since Shula left for something like this to happen, this is the first time we have had an all out roster purge. I am frankly thrilled that I have seen improvement each and every week from let's call them the Replacements. We needed a culture shift away from big name non producing FA's and bad drafts. I will be happy if we win or lose as long as the guys are leaving it all on the field each week.

I’d be happier if we win......

PS - we’ll have no trouble attracting FAs to this type of culture of this continues.

It's not about just attracting the free agents, but attracting the right ones. In another forum I disagreed with someone about "meaningless wins." I claimed they aren't meaningless at all. These wins with this roster are HUGE. They are setting the culture. I have said for years this franchise needed and enema. They finally did it and it's going to pay dividends. I just imagine what this staff can do with and influx of talent to this roster.

Its unfortunate that our draft picks keep going lower and lower, but I'm really happy for Coach Flores. He inherited a natural disaster and has actually made something out of it. He seems like a really good guy and I'd like to see him succeed.
I only expect them to make 2 of those three picks anyway. This front office and staff is about draft capitol now. Like it or not we are in the NE way of things. One of those two later picks will more than likely be traded for another first round pick and later picks.

We're starting to earn some respect. Bill Cowher of all people praised our defense for playing tough and communicating. He said we were playing mostly man today because the coaches have determined that we are better at man than zone. We came up big in pass defense. We came up with some picks and had our hands on balls all game. All throws were contested and the DBs were coming up and making some big hits.

I'd disagree with Coach. I think they played mostly man because Indy was down to the third string QB (Luck gone), and top two WR's out. They brought pressure with disguised blitzes all day. No way they were going to give Hoyer time. Hoyer can play if he has time, but keep him uncomfortable and he struggles which is what they did.

As was Dan Marino.

I’m pretty sure (but please correct me anyone or if you know the storey better please let me know) Marino had a scandal about bein* a good time Charlie prior to the drafts which was followed by a.legations of taking drugs (smoking some MaryJ) which left some franchises 7nsure when the draft came round which is why he was drafted when he was. no one knows for sure who started that rumour but a lot o& finger pointing at the actual DOLPhins with some corners say8ng it was done deliberately bby the Fins so they could give the,selves a chance to snag him if I remember it was 27th pick off the top of my head. If it’s true, whilst underhanded........ great work by the Fins.....

I only expect them to make 2 of those three picks anyway. This front office and staff is about draft capitol now. Like it or not we are in the NE way of things. One of those two later picks will more than likely be traded for another first round pick and later picks.
I was kinda hoping we got the 1st pick and traded it for a boatload of other picks. I kinda like the NE way. Drafting is such a crap shoot, better to have as many rolls as you can.

I was kinda hoping we got the 1st pick and traded it for a boatload of other picks. I kinda like the NE way. Drafting is such a crap shoot, better to have as many rolls as you can.

I don't want them to trade that first pick. There is some elite talent at the top of this draft and Miami needs some of those. I am 100% behind trading one of the other 2 first round picks though.

I am very encouraged by this coaching staff. The fact that Miami leads the league in fewest penalties with such a young team is a good sign. The Dolphins have been competitive after that first four-game stretch, which is a huge positive when you look at the roster and how little talent the team has.

Like the OP, I'm not ready to say that Flores is the man just yet but it's looking like he could be.

Back
Top Bottom