We CANT go wrong? Some scenarios... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We CANT go wrong? Some scenarios...

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just remember ONE thing, fellow Dolphin fans....WE CANT GO WRONG IN THIS DRAFT. Now lets say we stay at #2 overall...and we draft either Brown/Benson/Caddy...thats cool, but does that mean we CUT Lamar Gordon, we dont bring back Ricky Williams, and cut Vick King/Brock Forsey?? If we draft MWilliams (im not convinced on Williams, i listened to the draft special the other day and he doesnt seem that good), or if we draft Braylon Edwards...we will probably have ourselves another Pro Bowl WR (Chris Chambers isnt Pro Bowl, but he should be). Then again, Chambers/Booker/Thompson are good WRs. If we draft Smith or Rodgers, does that mean we cut Sage Rosenfels??

Now if we trade with Minny for #7 or #18 overall, im positive one of the 3 good RB's will be there. San Fran and Minny will go for a QB and WR. Chicago already has A-Train, Cleveland has plenty of RBs, Tampa wants a QB or WR...so if one of the big 3 RBs is there, good for us. With #18, who else agrees with me that Jason Campbell might be one of the best QBs of the draft?? Yes he had a good running game and defense to help him, but he is very good. I also like Stefan Lefors, he lit it up against the Miami Hurricanes!

Last night on the NFL Draft Special, the guy said that ERNEST SHAZOR might go in the 2ND DAY of the draft!! They said because he didnt do well in the 40, he is gonna drop a lot. Thats good for us! We need a FS, face it Bua/Tillman arent solid FS, and Tebucky Jones will fill the SS position. THomas Davis will convert to linebacker they said, so i think Ernest Shazor should be a 3-4th round pick for us. In our second, does anybody feel that we need a Defensive Tackle? Kevin Carter is gonna retire in 5 years, Bowens and Chester are done, Zgonina is out, Dario Romero isnt quite solid...so a young proven DT like Patterson/Cody/Johnson could be our 2nd round pick. There are just sooo many scenarios...but in all, my fantasy draft looks like so:

Trade with Minny for #7 and #18 overall
#7: One of the top 3 RBs (Ronnie Brown)
#18: Jason Campbell
2nd round from KC: Mike Patterson (DT)
3rd: Jason Brown or Chris Spencer (C)
4th: Ernest Shazor
5th: A WR (possibly Tab Perry or Steve Suter)
7th: Kelly Griffeth (TE)

With this...we can release 2-3 of our RBs, release Sage, Tim Bowens, Wade Smith, and possibly Donald Lee.

Sorry for the long post, just giving my final input on the draft on Draft Day Eve.

btw, by drafting a DT in the 2nd round...u give Larry Chester a year or two off to heal from his injury. Then when Kevin Carter retires later on, Chester and Patterson are our HEALTHY DT's.

Holliday, Carter, Patterson, Taylor

ItalianDolFan said:
Just remember ONE thing, fellow Dolphin fans....WE CANT GO WRONG IN THIS DRAFT. Now lets say we stay at #2 overall...and we draft either Brown/Benson/Caddy...thats cool, but does that mean we CUT Lamar Gordon, we dont bring back Ricky Williams, and cut Vick King/Brock Forsey?? If we draft MWilliams (im not convinced on Williams, i listened to the draft special the other day and he doesnt seem that good), or if we draft Braylon Edwards...we will probably have ourselves another Pro Bowl WR (Chris Chambers isnt Pro Bowl, but he should be). Then again, Chambers/Booker/Thompson are good WRs. If we draft Smith or Rodgers, does that mean we cut Sage Rosenfels??

Now if we trade with Minny for #7 or #18 overall, im positive one of the 3 good RB's will be there. San Fran and Minny will go for a QB and WR. Chicago already has A-Train, Cleveland has plenty of RBs, Tampa wants a QB or WR...so if one of the big 3 RBs is there, good for us. With #18, who else agrees with me that Jason Campbell might be one of the best QBs of the draft?? Yes he had a good running game and defense to help him, but he is very good. I also like Stefan Lefors, he lit it up against the Miami Hurricanes!

Last night on the NFL Draft Special, the guy said that ERNEST SHAZOR might go in the 2ND DAY of the draft!! They said because he didnt do well in the 40, he is gonna drop a lot. Thats good for us! We need a FS, face it Bua/Tillman arent solid FS, and Tebucky Jones will fill the SS position. THomas Davis will convert to linebacker they said, so i think Ernest Shazor should be a 3-4th round pick for us. In our second, does anybody feel that we need a Defensive Tackle? Kevin Carter is gonna retire in 5 years, Bowens and Chester are done, Zgonina is out, Dario Romero isnt quite solid...so a young proven DT like Patterson/Cody/Johnson could be our 2nd round pick. There are just sooo many scenarios...but in all, my fantasy draft looks like so:

With this...we can release 2-3 of our RBs, release Sage, Tim Bowens, Wade Smith, and possibly Donald Lee.

Sorry for the long post, just giving my final input on the draft on Draft Day Eve.

no campbell in the 18th spot pick a WR like mark clayton, pick up adrian mcpherson or kyle orton in the later rounds at the qb spot but nicely written

ItalianDolFan said:
btw, by drafting a DT in the 2nd round...u give Larry Chester a year or two off to heal from his injury. Then when Kevin Carter retires later on, Chester and Patterson are our HEALTHY DT's.

Holliday, Carter, Patterson, Taylor

nice point, but isnt it bowens with the serious injury i thought chester will be back this season?

ItalianDolFan said:
San Fran and Minny will go for a QB and WR. Chicago already has A-Train, Cleveland has plenty of RBs, Tampa wants a QB or WR...so if one of the big 3 RBs is there, good for us.

Chicago cut A-Train, they only have Thomas Jones and they are looking RB in the draft. Tampa is still interested in Caddy. and cleveland is looking to get rid of william Green and have hinted at getting a RB in the draft. plus a team like the Cardinals could always trade up to get one. so it is not that set in stone a RB will be there at #7.

I wouldn't mind Campbell at #18, but I definitely wouldn't mind Clayton/Williamson(I really like this kid)or a defensive stud at #18 either, and Mcpherson in round 4. My Best case scenerio is.......... Trade with Minny......... #7 Caddilac Williams, #18 Jason Campbel, and #46 Williamson( I know #18 is kinda high for Campbell, but it's the only way we Get him AND Williamson)This is of course a stretch that both players would be available at those spots too

I dont think theres any chance of Ronnie Brown falling to 7. Tampa Bay would jump on him at 5 if available.

outlawd2u said:
I wouldn't mind Campbell at #18, but I definitely wouldn't mind Clayton/Williamson(I really like this kid)or a defensive stud at #18 either, and Mcpherson in round 4. My Best case scenerio is.......... Trade with Minny......... #7 Caddilac Williams, #18 Jason Campbel, and #46 Williamson( I know #18 is kinda high for Campbell, but it's the only way we Get him AND Williamson)This is of course a stretch that both players would be available at those spots too

Williamson is gonna go top 20 not #46

I would love to trade with Minny, pick up Brown at 7, Clayton at 18 and then get McPhereson later

i dont see what the whole deal is with Adrian McPherson:confused: ...i dont see him as a great QB. He only played 4 games in college. Yea he was in ARENA, but Arena isnt anything great. Campbell/Lefors/Frye are 3 guys id choose from

ItalianDolFan said:

noway!!!!!!! take BRYLAN EDWARDS AT #2 HE IS THE BEST PLAYER OUT THERE HANDS DOWN :moon:

Back
Top Bottom