We don't need Wide Receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We don't need Wide Receivers

nosleep

Resident GIF Maker
Reaction score
Not one game we lost, was due to not having a "number one" receiver. Not one...
Ginn, Camarillo and Bess helped us get to 11-5. All three have great hands and can be relied upon. Ginn already demands safety help when he's out there which leaves Camarillo in single coverage and Bess to roam underneath or outside. Now that we have London stepping up we should be set for next season. Having a reliable receiving corp means we can now spend more money elsewhere where it is REALLY needed.

We do not need a number one receiver.

We need linebackers.
We need a free safety.
We need a nose tackle.
We need a center.

If you disagree, please explain how a number one receiver deserves more attention than any of the previously listed positions.

I would agree that we aren't in desparate need of a #1 WR, but it would be nice to have one.

Another threat maybe....yes, but Im in favor of focusing (offensively) on the Line, it still needs consistency

i disagree. i think we need atleast 1 big time threat at the position. a "BIG TIME PLAYMAKER someone defenses have to prepare for. now with that being said right now we will not do much with a big threat because pennington doesnt have the big arm like some qbs in the league. i mean if we stay as is . we will stay limited. the caches knew we were a very limited offensive unit and thats why i believe they had to get creative and use the wildcat to mix it up a little is the same thing as when ur playing a offense that runs alot. "if u stop there run game wat happens"? u force them to beat u throwing the ball. the ravens in this game specifically came out daring penninton to beat them downfield. they have the weapons in the secondary example: reed to take those chances. they said u know wat well stack 7 to 8 in the box when they run we stop em whent they wildcat we stop em and when they play the short game we can def stop em. the only option pennington had was the deep ball and that wasnt gonna work either they limited our offense and thats why nothing seemed to work offensively i believe....

we need to have that big wr threat i believe in order to open up the game for other players and in order to make defenses pick there poison when defending us...
and again if we get a big deep threat it might not go so well at first with pennington until the bigger armed qb comes in (henne).... iam not saying sit pennington but if we have a opportunity to land a playmaker why not? it can only be an upgrade from where were at now. if we can land a playmaker without giving up our whole draft either.

We need to do something on the o-line. I think that with D. Thomas in there this season, Ronnie has 1000 yards and we're 12-4. We need to figure out what to do with Samson because I just think he's a better fit at guard than at center. He said so himself. Also, I wouldn't mind getting another linebacker that can really get after the QB. Porter can't do it all himself, as was made evident by his lack of sacks towards the end of the season.

Another threat maybe....yes, but Im in favor of focusing (offensively) on the Line, it still needs consistency

definitely the o line still needs alot of work and d line too.

TJ Housh would instantly make our offense better. We need to pursue guys like that, especially after the year we had, sure we need help elsewhere but its hard to find guys like TJ. There are plenty of good lineman in the free agent pool, we dont need to run after one of them real hard. We need a shutdown corner as our main proirity, especially with Tom Brady and Randy Moss in NE, which is our biggest challenger for that division. Agree?

if we can, i say we give housh a try if he is a free agent, but we have a bunch of young guys at receiver who are very raw, and Brandon London actually looks like he has a tremendous upside going into next season, and should compete for the #2 or 3 receiver. It is a hard choice to make because we have so many character guys on our receiving corps that you want every one of them to succeed, but we do need somebody to step up more then they did this season.

heres what i think we need, in no particular order

-Right guard, depending on the donald thomas situation
-Center, depending on what Satele shows us
-Nose tackle, We need a guy that can back up ferguson for next season, and step into the role in their 2nd or 3rd year
-MLB, Crowder would be much more solid if he had somebody with more talent playing next to him. I love the attitude of Ayodele but he is not GREAT linebacker.
-OLB, We desperately need another pass rusher in this defense. Porters responsibility as a pass rusher was too much to handle in the last half of the season, as he was constantly double teamed as the rest of the defense struggled to disrupt the pocket
-S, Yeremiah definitely has a few years left in him, but he is 30 and who knows when he will start losing a step. Renaldo Hill was nothing short of solid this year, as expected. We need a ball hawk back at safety, to take some of the coverage responsibilities off of our corners.
-CB, Like Bell, Allen and Goodman are both 30 and aren't getting any younger. We need to address this area in the draft in the first few rounds to ensure that we have a player at the position for many years.

I disagree. I think we need one elite WR to go along with Ginn / Bess / Camarillo. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh will do....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

TJ Housh would instantly make our offense better. We need to pursue guys like that, especially after the year we had, sure we need help elsewhere but its hard to find guys like TJ. There are plenty of good lineman in the free agent pool, we dont need to run after one of them real hard. We need a shutdown corner as our main proirity, especially with Tom Brady and Randy Moss in NE, which is our biggest challenger for that division. Agree?

I disagree. A shutdown corner wouldnt have helped the pass rush yesterday on Flacco (maybe a corner blitz but beside the point). A shutdown corner yesterday wouldn't have helped Renaldo Hill (or Yeremiah, or Crowder) tackle McGahee on his TD run. A shutdown corner wouldn't have helped Flacco's scramble up the middle for a TD. See what I mean?

Do you want NE to pick apart our secondary again next year?!, we need to prove we mean business in this division, NE is still the team to beat.

and that was just one game... we needed alot more than a shutdown corner... and it was mcclain that scored the TD if i remember correctly

Not one game we lost, was due to not having a "number one" receiver. Not one...
Ginn, Camarillo and Bess helped us get to 11-5. All three have great hands and can be relied upon. Ginn already demands safety help when he's out there which leaves Camarillo in single coverage and Bess to roam underneath or outside. Now that we have London stepping up we should be set for next season. Having a reliable receiving corp means we can now spend more money elsewhere where it is REALLY needed.

We do not need a number one receiver.

We need linebackers.
We need a free safety.
We need a nose tackle.
We need a center.

If you disagree, please explain how a number one receiver deserves more attention than any of the previously listed positions.

We need all of the mentioned positions PLUS a legit #1 wideout. We can crutch along for another year without the #1 wideout as long as CP is the QB, but this team is being built for the long haul which likely means Henne by mid next year or as outright starter by 2010 at the latest. Henne's arm will command the need for the big, strong and fast #1 wideout.

Do you want NE to pick apart our secondary again next year?!, we need to prove we mean business in this division, NE is still the team to beat.

Did you see how NY beat the Patriots? They put pressure on Brady.

Back
Top Bottom