We gave up our third round pick... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We gave up our third round pick...

The trade ended up working very well for us. We got Will Poole, who was an absolute steal in the fourth round, and Tony Bua wasn't a bad addition in the fifth round either.

Did he just say it doesn't matter if it's Jerry Rice ? Where is your logic buddy ? This is the best draft we had in years..Open your eyes man, we now have a real GM who knows what his doing. The smartest thing we did the entire off season was taking the final say on personel matters from DW..

A 2nd next year, is in the value chart a 3rd this year. We needed smith, was a damn good thing we snagged him last year, as now we're set at the LT position with a young, however experienced tackle. I'm not all for trading away future picks, however in retrospect, it was a really good trade. There wasn't a tackle on the board this year that I would have felt comfortable taking in the 2nd and starting, which is essentially what we did. We traded a 2nd this year for a young budding guard with one year of experience under his belt. Not a bad move eh?

We need him too. yeah, would have been great to go WR or such in the 2nd this year, but as it is, he's a necessity, not a...uh....forgetting the word, but replace it with "expendable". Man, it's not even one, and I'm slipping, lol.

Anyway, it was a good trad elast year, AND this year. We moved down only a few spots, and still snagged a 1st round talent. Can't argue wtih that, and picked up a 5th in the process. It's not like we traded a first for a 2nd and 3rd, it was a 3rd for a 4th and a 5th,a nd top tier talent in the 4th. Saves money in a contract, and got us an extra pick. Hard to argue with that.

Well if you're going to be all EXACT about it Denny we moved down 15 spots...and netted a 5th for doing so.

Its not a 3rd for a 4th and 5th, its #87 for #102 and whatever pick our 5th was. Hey its not great value, but its not as bad as you're making it out to be by ignoring the exact placement of the picks.

Back
Top Bottom