We got both KC's 5th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We got both KC's 5th

I just watched the ESPN Scroll. It said Miami trades Patrick Surtain and 5th round pick to Chiefs for 2nd and 5th round picks.

Now, you might have mistaken the word "picks" as meaning both 5th rounders. The plural "picks" is for both the 2nd and 5th rounder.

how is 162nd a 5th round pick. This could make me seem stupid but...

1st round - 32
2nd round - 64
3rd round - 96
4th round - 128
5th round - 160

wouldnt 162 be the second pick in the 6th round?

Nope. Not both 5's..

Just the 5th.. but think about it.. It's ALL about the 2nd rounder.. Now I KNOW we gonna draft Braylon Edwards, unless we get a 1, 2, and a 3 for our #2. Or Both the Vikes #1's.. Can't wait till 12 pm Saturday baby!!!

PhinsPhan said:

1st round - 32
2nd round - 64
3rd round - 96
4th round - 128
5th round - 160

Comp picks make each round longer then 32 picks a round.

PhinsPhan said:

1st round - 32
2nd round - 64
3rd round - 96
4th round - 128
5th round - 160

take into account the "comp picks" they start tacking on at the end of round three........

Nublar7 said:
I just watched the ESPN Scroll. It said Miami trades Patrick Surtain and 5th round pick to Chiefs for 2nd and 5th round picks.

Now, you might have mistaken the word "picks" as meaning both 5th rounders. The plural "picks" is for both the 2nd and 5th rounder.

Yeah that is what I done...It make sense they want surtain and move up in the 5th? Then give up both 5ths.

NFL Network has us with only one 5th

clear.gif

clear.gif

Thanks

ronin said:
The two draft picks that are headed to the Dolphins are in the second (46th overall) and fifth (162nd overall) rounds. Miami's fifth-round pick that is headed to Kansas City is 138th overall.

oh well

This is basically like all we got for Pat was a 2nd rounder then, if anything else it was a WORSE 5th rounder.........Seems like we deserved more for Surtain. I know it was cap room and all that and he had to go wether we traded or not, but I woulda rather taken a just 2nd than a second and dropped down 24 spots in the 5th...............

Back
Top Bottom