We have no tight ends!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have no tight ends!!!

I don't know... Our ends must be pretty tight. The refs can't wait to get in them each week.

We always go after big splash veterans. I have no idea why we don't have any real role players.

Look Gray was making plays last year and suddenly this year none. So its a coaching issue guys. These guys may slow down but do not loose their skills. Look Gase is scripting these plays which does not work as easily for Moore as it does Cutler. Which route/play to run whom to catch the ball. They don't work well especially for Moore who just slings the ball to the first open player in Aqua he sees. That's why the fringe players like a Caroo and Fasano suddenly started catching passes when Moore entered a game after a injury. When we did that just like Brady does every game Moore marches the Dolphins down the field. Then the next week Moore gets his orders from Gase to dink and dunk the ball down the field like a Cutler and suddenly the offence is stalling again. Gase cannot coach a player to his strengths. Sure the QB stat thing looks good on paper but the losses stink. Gase implied last year after the first 4 games that he did a lot of reflection of what was going wrong. He better get back on that pony pretty quick because he has a lot to look at.

Herndon from the Canes would be a good value pickup in the draft. Very smart, tough and versatile. Can play fullback if needed. Just injured his knee and is out for the remainder of the season. Should be a superior pro to collegian, if his knee is sound.

Last year would have been a great time to pick up a TE, that draft was loaded with them.

The need for a complete TE is overwhelming. Our OL can't block worth a darn for the run or the pass. So, a TE is needed to pick up blitzes for our pressured QB's and open up the sideline to speedsters like Drake. A seam threat is needed to help out our slow WR's and remove that 8th or 9th man in the box and punish aggressive safeties. Our poor 3rd down and red zone conversion rates scream for a big red zone target.

There should be some good TE's available in round 2 this year. I think we need to pull the trigger. And if another OJ Howard type star caliber TE is available in round 1, we need to consider maneuvering to a decent spot and grabbing him. I don't see a Top 10 TE prospect at the moment, but who knows what the board will look, or where we'll be drafting, by the end of the season.

Given Landry's situation, we may need 2 new TE's.

Marquis Gray is not utilized. Letting Sims walk was stupid. I liked the Thomas trade, but I thought they were keeping Sims. Just more coaching and front office errors.

The lack of TE play is a major issue for this offense. Our ability to cover a TE is a major issue for this defense. It has been both for several years now. Why it is not be addressed is absolutely beyond me....

Back
Top Bottom