We interviewed McNeill today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We interviewed McNeill today

Yettyskills

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
During his NFL Combine interview, Auburn OT Marcus McNeill said he has interviewed with the New York Jets, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs and the Miami Dolphins.

I wouldn't die if they went with McNeill

And is this the right forum? I know it's draft but it's directly related to what our guys are doing in Indy.

Yettyskills said:
During his NFL Combine interview, Auburn OT Marcus McNeill said he has interviewed with the New York Jets, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs and the Miami Dolphins.

I like McNeil alot for Miami. He's got the physical skills to be a hell of a player with Houck. I'm a little concerned about his rumored back problems, though.

Yettyskills said:
And is this the right forum? I know it's draft but it's directly related to what our guys are doing in Indy.

Considering alot of the posters here dont seem to understand the concept of different forums for different topics, you're doing a-ok by me.

Yettyskills said:

how cool would it be if him and ronnie united once again:D

i have a feeling that since we are looking at a guy that might go later on in the 1st round like 20+ we might be looking to trade down...unless we think there is a chance he will be there with our 2nd pick but thats unlikely....read between the lines...thanks F-CAT.

I like Mcneil too. I didnt realize he was 6'9" with long arms. I wonder why he is not a first round prosect with a lot of people cus some of what i have read says not much weakness with this guy but maybe weight probs.

PublixSubsRule said:
i have a feeling that since we are looking at a guy that might go later on in the 1st round like 20+ we might be looking to trade down...unless we think there is a chance he will be there with our 2nd pick but thats unlikely....read between the lines...thanks F-CAT.

If we were to get Brees, I would absolutely love to get two OLinemen. Nick Mangold and Mcniel would do it for me. I would be happy with that alone if Brees comes here.

Nothing Personal against Marcus but I hope we don't get this guy.
He has really slow feet, he's not good at blocking at the second level, he doesn't use his hands well. He has poor pass blocking technique. I hate to see a LT that has slow feet. He's good at the point of attack because of his size. I just hope we don't spend a 1st rounder on him.
dorsaroll156 I love your sig.

finfan54 said:
I like Mcneil too. I didnt realize he was 6'9" with long arms. I wonder why he is not a first round prosect with a lot of people cus some of what i have read says not much weakness with this guy but maybe weight probs.

He certainly has a Man-Beast body and freakish height. But some scouts feel his body and height are actually a concern since he has suffered from and experienced lower back problems a few times. It certainly seems to be related.

And if you know anyone with LBP it can turn a giant into a small, small, person real quick. Hopefully he tests out ok, and the medical reports come back ok, but without that he could slip or be a risk.

phinfan_1 said:
He has really slow feet, he's not good at blocking at the second level, he doesn't use his hands well. He has poor pass blocking technique. I hate to see a LT that has slow feet. He's good at the point of attack because of his size. I just hope we don't spend a 1st rounder on him.

gee, i guess he basically sucks then.

finfan54 said:
gee, i guess he basically sucks then.
you see what he's doing? he's grading mcneill's abilities, not just placing an abstract grade on him. it's what scouts do.

phinfan_1 said:

It's a good thing McNeil is a RT then. :cooldude:

I also see something here as far as talking to guys who are graded in the bottom of the 1st rd. Maybe Saban has a team in mind that will like to move up to #16.
As far as McNeil, if his back checks alright, he could be a good RT for us. Allowing Carey to move back to LT. It all depends how his back checks out. The rumor has been that its spinal stenosis. If thats the case, team will shy away from a player who may have a short NFL career do to narowing of the spine.

Geforce said:
It's a good thing McNeil is a RT then. :cooldude:
He plays LT at Auburn. Your probably thinking of Winston Justice.

phinfan_1 said:
He plays LT at Auburn. Your probably thinking of Winston Justice.
You are right he does play LT but he did lineup at RT as well.

For those who think he's slow, he has been timed in under 5.0 for the 40 this past year. Not bad for someone over 340 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom