We interviewed McNeill today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We interviewed McNeill today

I can see that somebody will start a thread about every player that we talk to.I think that Nick will go after free agents when it comes to the o-line but he'll draft defence as he wants to get younger there.

Ozzy rules!!

phinfan_1 said:
Nothing Personal against Marcus but I hope we don't get this guy.
He has really slow feet, he's not good at blocking at the second level, he doesn't use his hands well. He has poor pass blocking technique. I hate to see a LT that has slow feet. He's good at the point of attack because of his size. I just hope we don't spend a 1st rounder on him.
dorsaroll156 I love your sig.

He is a right tackle too at hte next level most likely. I agree with you.

phinfan_1 said:
... He has really slow feet, he's not good at blocking at the second level...
Second level? Since when do you need a tackle to get to the second level? His job is to elimate that playmaker DE and wall off any other would be tacklers giving the RB a cutback lane. The Center, Guards, & WR's take care of the second level.

When evaluating the LT you want to know if he has the feet to keep his balance in pass protection and the size/arm length to handle the speed rushers.

His size is find for speed rushers (arm size that is) and he is great for run blocking but his footwork and foot speed project more as a Right tackle then left tackle in the NFL according to most scouts.

Still trading back and getting him could be interesting. He should be there in the late 20s

Finsfan79 said:
His size is find for speed rushers (arm size that is) and he is great for run blocking but his footwork and foot speed project more as a Right tackle then left tackle in the NFL according to most scouts.

Still trading back and getting him could be interesting. He should be there in the late 20s
I agree...I'd rather see him at RT...But I can't see us using our 1st round on a RT. I see McNeill as a 2nd rounder. Because of his slow feet and not using his long arms to his advantage.

Mcneal is a LT....The guy hasnt given up a sack in 41 straight games...The only weaknest ive seen from him granted i dont get to see all his games...Remember hes the 1 who was paving the pathes for RR express and Caddy.

He has to be on our radar with us dropping down if possible...In drafts like these if certain players(we all know)dont fall to us then we see whats on the table if any is intereted in Lendale....RW's saga has opened up the possibility of Lendale white being drafted by us and someone wanted to jump up and snatch him.

I am all for Mcneal at LT just maybe not at 16...Brick is the only LT/RT/WhateverT thats worth this pick if LT is the way we have to try to move down.

So Right

musphinzfan said:
Mcneal is a LT....The guy hasnt given up a sack in 41 straight games...The only weaknest ive seen from him granted i dont get to see all his games...Remember hes the 1 who was paving the pathes for RR express and Caddy.

He has to be on our radar with us dropping down if possible...In drafts like these if certain players(we all know)dont fall to us then we see whats on the table if any is intereted in Lendale....RW's saga has opened up the possibility of Lendale white being drafted by us and someone wanted to jump up and snatch him.

I am all for Mcneal at LT just maybe not at 16...Brick is the only LT/RT/WhateverT thats worth this pick if LT is the way we have to try to move down.

You are so right that a 16 for him would just kill me but if we trde down and pick up another pick I would be all for it.

I still say pay Bentley whatever he wants and go DB/S at 16
This would make me very happy!:D

MiamiRon

Disgustipate said:
I like McNeil alot for Miami. He's got the physical skills to be a hell of a player with Houck. I'm a little concerned about his rumored back problems, though.

Considering alot of the posters here dont seem to understand the concept of different forums for different topics, you're doing a-ok by me.

I love Marcus also I think hes a MAmmoth

Back
Top Bottom