We must NOT draft QB Jeff Smoker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We must NOT draft QB Jeff Smoker

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know nobody really cares, but drafting Jeff Smoker is a Big NO NO. I know their hasn't been talk of the Fins drafting him, but if for some reason they decide to wait until later rounds to draft a QB they have to overlook Smoker.

Maybe I should tell you the reasons why we shouldn't:

1. He is a Drug-adict
2. I went to High Shcool with him (Living in Pennsylvania I have the luxury of being one of the few Fin fans. If he goes to Miami then I will not be among the minority anymore. Plus I didn't really like him as a person)

Ya they know that. He is a pretty decent pocket passer, a mid round guy. I don't think you pick on the guy because he did it before. I mean it seems he is over it, besides he is rightfully a mid rounder.

Originally posted by Nublar7
I know nobody really cares, but drafting Jeff Smoker is a Big NO NO. I know their hasn't been talk of the Fins drafting him, but if for some reason they decide to wait until later rounds to draft a QB they have to overlook Smoker.

Maybe I should tell you the reasons why we shouldn't:

1. He is a Drug-adict
2. I went to High Shcool with him (Living in Pennsylvania I have the luxury of being one of the few Fin fans. If he goes to Miami then I will not be among the minority anymore. Plus I didn't really like him as a person)

Not saying I'm for drafting this guy or anything.....but......

I seem to remember the Dolphins drafting another QB some time ago that had reported drug issues.................sure was a bad idea I guess :rolleyes:

Think his name was Dan somethingorother....

We don't draft him beacuase there will be at least two or three higher rated QBs ahead of him when we draft.

I wouldn't worry. Smoker has gotta be waaay down there in the pecking order. I'd rate Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Losman, Schaub, Pickett, Harris, and Navarre all ahead of him man. Heck I'd probably draft Lorenzen before Smoker. He's a coke head. And its not a rumor, like it was with Dan. Its a fact.

The guy was suspended for a coke problem at MSU and then supposedly got clean. A cokehead in Miami not a good idea.

Mostly, I don't want him because the town I live in would become all pro Miami. My town is werid like that. But hey the High School football team just won its first state championship. Smoker never won one. lol.

By the way i am a Fins fan in Penn too. Well at least for a couple of more days untill i move to Miami. .:D Only been in Penn for about a Month though moved here from Ohio

If Miami doesn't want to draft Rivers/Losman, trade for Henson or Sign FA Ray (thats a lot of people to ignore), then I would like to see Miami give Cody Pickett a chance.

Pickett had a solid game at the Senior Bowl (and a great junior year) and was overlooked because Rivers was awesome. He was easily the next best QB after Rivers at the SB.

He's projected as a 3rd round pick.

Originally posted by Nublar7
I still think we have a good shot at Rivers. Miami will probably take either Rivers or Losman.

As a player, PR would be a great draft choice. In Miami's case it would be foolish to draft him if Ogun remains a Dolphins because WR is the biggest need (or by draft day it could be). FA has tons of great lineman. WR is very thin in FA (unless a bunch of june 1st cuts are made, and that will hard to guage).

Miami's off-season depends on Ogun.

I don't mean to sound stupid but who is Jeff Smoker what college is MSU Mississippi or Michigan?

Also with Marino being gone do you think the dolphins still have interest in Rivers?

1. Jeff Smoker was the QB for Michigan State University.

2. Yes I do believe that the Fins are still interested in Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom