We Need a 2nD Rounder badly!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need a 2nD Rounder badly!!!

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
I've been looking at mock drafts and i think the gems will be found in the 2nd Round...the nice Offensive Guards, Wide Recievers and LBs are projected to be drafted in the 2nd round and guess who doesn't have one...I hope Saban tries his best to trade #16 to get more picks or even maybe trade Ricky for a couple picks...what do you guys think?!?!?!

ChambersNBoston said:
I've been looking at mock drafts and i think the gems will be found in the 2nd Round...the nice Offensive Guards, Wide Recievers and LBs are projected to be drafted in the 2nd round and guess who doesn't have one...I hope Saban tries his best to trade #16 to get more picks or even maybe trade Ricky for a couple picks...what do you guys think?!?!?!
I agree there is some great values in the 2nd round. But Cpep's not a bad 2nd rounder. But no please don't trade ricky because we'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.

I'd love to trade back. The problem is I don't see any team wanting to trade up.

If we trade down and get a second rounder, we got Culpepper for nothing.

Phins28 said:
If we trade down and get a second rounder, we got Culpepper for nothing.

Uhhhhhhhh, no. We could have still traded down without Culpepper and would have then had a third pick in the first two rounds. Miami dealt something of value for Pepper no matter how you look at it.

if we cant get a 2nd rounder then we should make every effort to obtain an additional 3rd pick. we need a extra somewhere real bad

I would like to trade down too, but not with a ricky trade.

What WR gem could be here in the 3 or 4 or 5 round.

Opinion.

Trading down…

IMO asking for a 2nd round pick as compensation for trading down our 16th in the 1st round (in exchange for a late 1st round) is too high. Maybe we can get a 3rd, but we’re not going to get a 2nd unless the trade partner is nuts.

Based on the seeming depth of this draft, we could be better off with two 2nd round picks as opposed to only a first --- that may be possible?

Speaking of multiple picks, the Pats have an opportunity to really hit a grand slam in this draft with their multiple picks all over the place.

finner said:
Based on the seeming depth of this draft, we could be better off with two 2nd round picks as opposed to only a first --- that may be possible?

If a quarterback drops to 16 and the Vikings want our pick (and keep their 1st), we could get our 2nd (51) back, their 2nd (48) , a 3rd (83), and a 6th (185).

Or swap our ones and get a 4th (a la Vernon Carey)...

i would love an interior lineman in the 2nd round. it is going to be really tough, but we will have to wait to see how the draft works out and who needs our pick. not many people want to move up to 16, but if we could do it i would love it!!!!

Jimmy James said:
Uhhhhhhhh, no. We could have still traded down without Culpepper and would have then had a third pick in the first two rounds. Miami dealt something of value for Pepper no matter how you look at it.

Well - if we swap ones with Minnesota and demand our 2nd back as a part of the swap - AND we weren't going to draft the guy the Minnesota winds up taking (Cutler) - then we got Daunte for nothing, right?

Not that Minnesota would make that deal...

phinfan_1 said:
I agree there is some great values in the 2nd round. But Cpep's not a bad 2nd rounder. But no please don't trade ricky because we'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.

i odn think thats the issue. i think we can pull off a 2nd for him especially if he idnd't use drugs then it can convince otehr ppl that he IS SERIOUS about his no drug use life and that he only costs 545k's a year for a 4 mill a year type back.

a trade that WILL NOT happen...

Trading RW is NOT going to happen! And mark my words on this one, he will NOT be suspended for the year!

The NFL is first and foremost a $$$ machine, and it would NOT serve the leagues best interests to have RW on sabbatical practicing his Yoga positions when he’s a legitimate $$$ maker!

Just my Oh--------pinion!

Back
Top Bottom