We need a new news thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need a new news thread

Aqua Shadow

Formerly 1 Dol Fan
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I love Finheaven. It is most likely the coolest site I usually go on every week. The thing that I have been noticing ever since a got this new job is that I find myself a bit behind when it comes to things that have happened throughout the week since I no longer can be on every single day.

So, I thought up the idea of having a new News thread every week starting immediately after a game and we just add things to the thread as they happen and leave it up until the next game so people can quickly get educated about the weeks events and then respond from there.

This idea may also take away some of the uneducated posts talking about things that have already happened or players that are traded away or players who got injured.

The one thing that worries me much about this idea is that it might become a very long thread of people responding to the news which takes away the quick find ability it was intended for. To fix that I believe we would need to have a Mod or someone who can be responsible for adding short blurbs about what happened to the original post of the thread.

Also a nice touch would be to add the URLs of the thread in which these news items are discussed.

please PM me if you decide to use this idea because I would like to be involved in the formation of this idea.

PS: it might help if it gets stickied too so people won't need to search for it.

I love Finheaven. It is most likely the coolest site I usually go on every week. The thing that I have been noticing ever since a got this new job is that I find myself a bit behind when it comes to things that have happened throughout the week since I no longer can be on every single day.

So, I thought up the idea of having a new News thread every week starting immediately after a game and we just add things to the thread as they happen and leave it up until the next game so people can quickly get educated about the weeks events and then respond from there.

This idea may also take away some of the uneducated posts talking about things that have already happened or players that are traded away or players who got injured.

The one thing that worries me much about this idea is that it might become a very long thread of people responding to the news which takes away the quick find ability it was intended for. To fix that I believe we would need to have a Mod or someone who can be responsible for adding short blurbs about what happened to the original post of the thread.

Also a nice touch would be to add the URLs of the thread in which these news items are discussed.

please PM me if you decide to use this idea because I would like to be involved in the formation of this idea.

PS: it might help if it gets stickied too so people won't need to search for it.
I can quickly see that being a lot of work lol. have you tried going to the 'news' link on the front page? that might help keep you up to date. ;)

Back
Top Bottom