We NEED a Running Back!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We NEED a Running Back!!!

Well here I am diggin up my old post from a year ago, and it is still a valid point. Ronnie Brown came in at #23 ranked out of 32 teams which is below average. The league is a 2 back league, and IF R WIlliams does not come back, we need a strong RB to take us to the next level.
Look at the teams with 2 good RBs, INDY, CHICAGO, NEWENGLAND, SAN DIEGO

Did you want to go back and quote yourself where you compared Cadillac Williams to Marshall Faulk too?

Well here I am diggin up my old post from a year ago, and it is still a valid point. Ronnie Brown came in at #23 ranked out of 32 teams which is below average. The league is a 2 back league, and IF R WIlliams does not come back, we need a strong RB to take us to the next level.
Look at the teams with 2 good RBs, INDY, CHICAGO, NEWENGLAND, SAN DIEGO
While I'm not opposed to adding another running back, you are forgetting one thing in your analysis or critique. Except for Chicago, those teams all have Pro Bowl calibur QBs and for the most of the 1st half of the season, Grossman was having a Pro Bowl-type year.

in our final 6 game winning streak...

R Williams 506 rushing yards 6 TDs and a 4.8 rushing average

R Brown 176 Rushing yards 1 TDs and a 3.2 rushing average

RWilliams 1 fumble lost

R Brown 3 fumbles lost

RWilliams had 6 Rushing Tds last year than Browns total of 4, and he missed the first 4 games!

the numbers dont lie...yes youngster, I dont know football.

R Williams had twice as many carries( because of RBrowns missing time due to injury, just like college)

Again, my point is we need depth behind Ronnie Brown, without depth(only if RWilliams is gone for the year) we will not win as many games as last year.

Without Ronnie or Rwilliams in lineup in the backfield, then the anemic rushing attack of 2004 will return and im sure we dont want that.
If Saban makes a move to add depth to this position if it is determined that R Williams is a no show for 2006, then do not be suprised.
hmmm.... so the fact that Ronnie was a ROOKIE doesnt mean anything. Or how about the fact that he missed a whole lot of training camp. And dont forget how our OLine seems to suck at the beginning of the year and slowly progress as the season goes on. Seriously take a look at the situation before you post these stats. You also neglected to point out the fact that Ronnie was injured for a good portion of that 6 game winning streak.

And besides, I fully expect Ricky to come back this year, and if he doesnt...o well. Morris can be retained, he is an adequate backup for our STAR running back.

Ronnie is our man, he is a good running back if you don't like it then tough ****.

we dont need another rb and we dont need ricky..ronnie is on the verage of stardom...if he is the main bacl next year i see these stats...1782 yds rushing 13 tds 42 rec 484 2 tds 15 alltogether..this guy is for real...no need for ricky, i cant stand williams forget him we have the # 2 overall pick in the draft guys no need 2 split carries...

We don't need to draft a runningback when we got Ronnie :D

Its kinda tough to run when we have no passing threat.

I love Ronnie, but I gotta admit I'm pretty excited to see Ricky come back.

Peterson moved up to 3rd in the draft so there no one better to draft then what we got.I love the fact that Ricky back and finally we will be feared with the running game . but guess what, he is 1 drug test from leaving the nfl .I really dont think he will last 1 more season without screwing up.I hope Im wrong because he is truly a beast! I had high expectation for ronnie when we drafted him but all he has been to me is a BIG disappointment hope he improves this season but nothing less then 1500 would get me jumping.The thing ronnie has over ricky is he has the better hands to catch..

Like '80's fashion, some things should just stay dead. :up:

Back
Top Bottom