We NEED a Running Back!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We NEED a Running Back!!!

If Ricky is suspended then we can just increase the carries for Ronnie Brown....I don't think this would be a bad thing. RB should be even better next year. I think we are ok in this area with who we have now. Our priorities have to be in our secondary, O-line, and possibly another LB depending on whether or not we get Arrington.

Roman529 said:
If Ricky is suspended then we can just increase the carries for Ronnie Brown....I don't think this would be a bad thing. RB should be even better next year. I think we are ok in this area with who we have now. Our priorities have to be in our secondary, O-line, and possibly another LB depending on whether or not we get Arrington.

Man I agree with you and I hope you are right. Like I said, living in SEC country thru Ronnie Browns tenure at Auburn, he had durablity issues there and last year as a PRO. but who doesnt have durability issues in thier first year? Even C Williams missed time due to injury. I am praying that this year RBrown has 1500 rushing yards and 12TDs and another 400 yards receiving with a couple of TDs in 15 starts. If he does, I will never complain again.

I guess when I watched CWilliams last year, his running style made me think of E James, R Williams, M Faulk, and when I saw Ronnie Brown run, I thought of Eddie George. Not that Eddie George is a bad thing, but Eddie George in his prime did not equal E James on a bad day. God I hope Im wrong, and I hope that Tampa and Chicago having C Williams ranked ahead of R Brown on thier draft board was wrong as well. Ronnie Brown is a great RB, I just hope he takes it to the next level next year without missing time due to injury.

Skeet84 said:
I love Ronnie brown and he will be so much better next year. You all should remember he did not go thru much of training camp and Ronnie can break a 5 yard gain for 80. We already have Minor and I think Kay Jay will be a decent back-up and Sammy morris might still come back.

exactly he missed alot of training camp thats what everyone needs to remember.i hope kay jay can help and be a good 1 2 punch in future time with ronnie

I agree Ronnie is no Ricky but he's better than alot of backs in this league. He's just gunna have to prove that he can sustain his level of play through out the season. Than if Ricky doesn't come back hopefully we can forget about Ricky. But I'm hoping he's back this year.

PROUDMONKEY said:
I hope that Tampa and Chicago having C Williams ranked ahead of R Brown on thier draft board was wrong as well.
We don't know who was highest on their draft board, Miami took Brown before Tampa and Chicago picked.

i wouldnt mind getting a guy like lawence vickers or quadtrine hill in the 7th round

PROUDMONKEY said:
obviously you did not read my post, I did not say R Brown was a terrible ball runner...I implied he is a better blocker and pass catcher than runner and he has durability concerns(see Auburn career and last year), I think my exact word were he is a "stud" and I like having 2 studs in our backfield, not just one. I am worried if R Williams is gone, we do not have an adequate backup.
The only reason he is a better receiver and blocker than runner... is because he is already becoming one of the best RBs in the league in terms of receiving and blocking...

He is still a GREAT runner... and will get even better. We dont need a "stud" #2 RB. We only need a solid servicable one. Sammy Morris (if re-signed) would be fine for a number 2.

The RB by committee thing works when you have 2 solid RBs... not when you have a premier one. In order to maximize the talents of a premier one, you need to feed him the ball. You do the committee approach when your RBs arnt capeable of handling the load by themselves...

PROUDMONKEY said:
Yes I watched the games, the nine games we won I have watched at least twice since the season has ended, and like I said, what I see is Ronnie hesitating at the hole and being taken out of games in the mid part of 4th quarter for R Williams. Why?
He is good, and has durability issues like he did his entire college career. Go watch Ronnie hit the hole last year in any game you choose and then go watch Carnel Williams hit the hole in a Tampa start, there is no comparison C Willams is the better RB after receiving the handoff. Ronnie is the better overall RB, a better blocker and pass catcher, he will never carry the franchise. Like I said before which you failed to read, I said R Brown is an excellent RB and I would not be suprised to see Saban add some depth at this position IF R Williams is gone because Saban likes depth at this position, and Ronnie Brown alone next year will not give us more wins, and Travis Minor is not the answer.

Wasn't RB averagine more YPC at one point late in the season and also had more all purpose yards while splitting carries with a pro bowl back late in the season before (for whatever reason) he wasn't getting the bacll much. It doesn't make sense to say he's not good running the ball, not to mention that C. Williams is that much better (because he isn't) he just happened to get alot more publicity then Ronnie.

PROUDMONKEY said:
in our final 6 game winning streak...

R Williams 506 rushing yards 6 TDs and a 4.8 rushing average

R Brown 176 Rushing yards 1 TDs and a 3.2 rushing average

RWilliams 1 fumble lost

R Brown 3 fumbles lost

RWilliams had 6 Rushing Tds last year than Browns total of 4, and he missed the first 4 games!

the numbers dont lie...yes youngster, I dont know football.

R Williams had twice as many carries( because of RBrowns missing time due to injury, just like college)

Again, my point is we need depth behind Ronnie Brown, without depth(only if RWilliams is gone for the year) we will not win as many games as last year.

Without Ronnie or Rwilliams in lineup in the backfield, then the anemic rushing attack of 2004 will return and im sure we dont want that.
If Saban makes a move to add depth to this position if it is determined that R Williams is a no show for 2006, then do not be suprised.

Where are the amount of carries? You also realize since you watched the games twice now that 2 of those fumbles weren't fumbles. Give him a break..he was a rookie.

PROUDMONKEY said:
I sure hope so and I know I will get slammed for making such a statment. But hear me out. I think we need another RB IF RWilliams will not be available.
I love R Brown, and to me a tailback has 3 critical skills, Running with the ball, catching the ball, and blocking. Of those 3 skills, RBrown is not a good a ball runner as he is a blocker and pass catcher. Just my opinion.
I also live in Louisiana for years and an as avid LSU fan, I observed Saban likes a deep bench at the Tailback position, without RWilliams on the roster, I would not be shocked to see Saban add depth at this position wither via free agency or draft(especially since there is a deep draft at the RB position, we could add depth here on the second day of draft Im sure)
I am an avid Fantasy Football player and I know having the dreaded two headed monster at the RB position on a team in terms of "fantasy football" is not preferred.
But ask yourself this question, did you or did you not enjoy the fact that last year we had two studs at the RB position to turn to? Did you like during the first 4 games during RWilliams abscence to have RBrown to turn to? Do you think our final 6 game winning streak when Rbrown was nursing some injuries and lost some playing time, do you think this 6 game winning streak would have been possible without RWilliams? Why during the games we won, did Saban keep RWilliams as the primary RB in the 4th quarter and not RBrown?

All IM saying is this, to me I like the idea of having two "A" premier RBs in our lineup compared to 1, and I hope next year we will continue to maintain one of the best "one two punches" in the league like last year. Two stud RBs is better than one.

:shakeno: do you listen to yourself? wow...

PROUDMONKEY said:
in our final 6 game winning streak...

R Williams 506 rushing yards 6 TDs and a 4.8 rushing average

R Brown 176 Rushing yards 1 TDs and a 3.2 rushing average

RWilliams 1 fumble lost

R Brown 3 fumbles lost

RWilliams had 6 Rushing Tds last year than Browns total of 4, and he missed the first 4 games!

the numbers dont lie...yes youngster, I dont know football.

R Williams had twice as many carries( because of RBrowns missing time due to injury, just like college)

Again, my point is we need depth behind Ronnie Brown, without depth(only if RWilliams is gone for the year) we will not win as many games as last year.

Without Ronnie or Rwilliams in lineup in the backfield, then the anemic rushing attack of 2004 will return and im sure we dont want that.
If Saban makes a move to add depth to this position if it is determined that R Williams is a no show for 2006, then do not be suprised.

We have also beefed up our line sence then, and now we have a QB. There are other things to football

andysanchelima said:
If u noe ur gona get ****EN based by writing that hes not a good ball runer y y y due u write that come on hes sick an we dont needa draft a RB shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh go to sleep

I think we are all dumber for reading this post, I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

PROUDMONKEY said:
I guess when I watched CWilliams last year, his running style made me think of E James, R Williams, M Faulk, and when I saw Ronnie Brown run, I thought of Eddie George. Not that Eddie George is a bad thing, but Eddie George in his prime did not equal E James on a bad day.
This is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read.
Since you think we need another running back, whom do you think we should get?

I sure hope so and I know I will get slammed for making such a statment. But hear me out. I think we need another RB IF RWilliams will not be available.
I love R Brown, and to me a tailback has 3 critical skills, Running with the ball, catching the ball, and blocking. Of those 3 skills, RBrown is not a good a ball runner as he is a blocker and pass catcher. Just my opinion.
I also live in Louisiana for years and an as avid LSU fan, I observed Saban likes a deep bench at the Tailback position, without RWilliams on the roster, I would not be shocked to see Saban add depth at this position wither via free agency or draft(especially since there is a deep draft at the RB position, we could add depth here on the second day of draft Im sure)
I am an avid Fantasy Football player and I know having the dreaded two headed monster at the RB position on a team in terms of "fantasy football" is not preferred.
But ask yourself this question, did you or did you not enjoy the fact that last year we had two studs at the RB position to turn to? Did you like during the first 4 games during RWilliams abscence to have RBrown to turn to? Do you think our final 6 game winning streak when Rbrown was nursing some injuries and lost some playing time, do you think this 6 game winning streak would have been possible without RWilliams? Why during the games we won, did Saban keep RWilliams as the primary RB in the 4th quarter and not RBrown?

All IM saying is this, to me I like the idea of having two "A" premier RBs in our lineup compared to 1, and I hope next year we will continue to maintain one of the best "one two punches" in the league like last year. Two stud RBs is better than one.

Well here I am diggin up my old post from a year ago, and it is still a valid point. Ronnie Brown came in at #23 ranked out of 32 teams which is below average. The league is a 2 back league, and IF R WIlliams does not come back, we need a strong RB to take us to the next level.
Look at the teams with 2 good RBs, INDY, CHICAGO, NEWENGLAND, SAN DIEGO

Back
Top Bottom