We need to take a page out of the Kings book | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to take a page out of the Kings book

Dajesus............

Originally posted by Dajesus
So I looked for an hour or 2 but found nothing:( . I know such a whistle exsists, but where? If anyone happens to be going to sea world anytime soon please inquire. I know the dolphin chirp isn't the most feirce sound in the world, but boy would it be annoying! Can you imagine being the oposing QB that has to call the play with 70,000+ people blowing a whistle that makes that high pitched sound? Add that with the 100 degree temp, and every team in the NFL would dread comming to S Florida, even the Jets.

That's a good idea you've got brewing there.;)

I went to a Montreal Alouette's game in the 80's & there were a bunch of college boys (maybe 20 or so) spread throughout the stands with whistles like the referees use. They would just blow them at random & it was hilarious, the play would stop at the strangest points in the game.

I'm sure the players were thrilled. They actually stopped the game for @ 20 minutes until the whistles stopped.

I found a Dolphin Whistle for you guys... It may be a Little expensive thou..

http://www.dolphinwhistle.com/

Also.. Im sure Ive seen noisemakers in some stadiums during the playoffs... Heck.. Oakland is one BIG Noisemaker with al that metal and beer bottles clankiing together...:p

That was almost a million dollar idea............................til I heard that whistle! The sound has to be more of a bold, less tranquil, get up on ya feet, type sound that ROCKS in unison! The sound has to be able to be heard in the parking lot, so the stragglers know to haul ass into their seats! Im not big on this type of corny stuff, but Dajesus, thats exactly what the team needs. A symbol of faith and allegiance that all the fans in the stadium and sitting at home can get into, and be notorious for! (i.e. The Terrible Towel in Pitt) Sorry I dont have any good ideas(because its not really my thing) just a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but know that if a concept is developed, I'll make it INFAMOUS in Kali!:cool:

Found a couple of places that sell dolphin whistles:

Very hard to find.

http://www.tradewindproducts.com/productpages/toys.phtml/
$5.95

http://www.dolphinwhistle.com/

$65.00

http://www.eaglecrestarts.com/whistles.html

CHARACTERS - Dolphin. STYLE - Natural (unglazed) or Glazed, Colors - see below . PRICES: Natural - $7.50 ea. or 3 for $20; Glazed - $10 each.

The one for 65 is silver and the best of course, but maybe if they sell a bunch maybe they would drop the price.

The others are toys really, but 70, 000 strong would make a
scary noise..and noise is the 12th man on any football field.

I just thought of something..

How about a Conch Shell? It has a loud STRONG sound... it has ties to the ocean...Plus they are cool looking... How great would it be to see everyone in the stands blasting a conch shell!!!

Like Lord of the Flies...heheh..

Im not sure if you can buy a Conch Shell thou..:(

What happened here... did this idea just die? or are phin fans going to come up with something to give us an identity this season?

Originally posted by Dajesus
In our stadium policy, along with every other NFL stadium, it
states that whistles, horns and other noise makers are
prohibited.

- Dolphins Moderator
Miami Dolphins Web Team
http://www.miamidolphins.com
e-mail: dolphinsmoderator@miamidolphins.com

Those blow horns they use at hockey games are annoying. I don't know what it would be like if everybody at a stadium were blowing dolphin whistles.

Some history lesson here for the youngsters in here. During the perfect season the fans did have a signature item. The fans would wave white hankerchiefs in unison at the Orange Bowl. That tradition kind of faded out after Czonka, Kiick, and Warfield left. Also since the fans waved plain white ones, nobody made an official logo hanky. The "Terrible Towell" basicly was an idea that Pittsburgh fans copied from the Dolphin fans except that they used yellow towells and put logos and lettering on them.

You know how the steels have the terrible towel? How about we have cut out pieces of fishing nets? We could wave them around and yell something, they could sell them at pro player in the consesion stand, and at the phins pro shop. I am really hoping that this will be a real fan turn-around season. I have posted stadium nickname contests, and i love this post.

WHAT HAPPENED TO DENNY THE DOLPHIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
GO MIAMI!!!!!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!
REMEMBER THAT GUY WITH THE FLAG?!?!?!?!!?!??

:monkey: non-crazy FINatatics

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to take a page out of the Lakers' book...

And pay off the refs!

Dancin Dorsel Phin

The Fans could wear a plastic dorsel fin on there back (turning towards the goal line so the fin could be seen) and vocalize the JAWS attack theme and start a feeding frenzy on the defense.

When something good happens (and it will) the fans can put on their dorsel fin or tail fin for the ladies and turn to the side view and do a funky dolphin boogie woogie.

We definitely need a new theme song...something that doesn't remind me of the Houston Oilers and Earl Campbell.

Dolphins have 98 teeth but swallow fish whole.

Back
Top Bottom