WE need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WE need

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We need to get a qb in this draft, or trade for one somehow. We have tried Fiedler, and Griese and neither can cut it behind this shakey line. A good qb could atleast get the job somewhat done behind this terrible line.

But we really just need to focus on the oline during the draft, or this team is going to continue to get killed.

Which is it? Focus on the OLine or draft a QB high? How do you propose that both get done?

See, this is the problem with the "draft a QB" line of thought. I think we'd all like to see Eli Manning here, but there are other priorities for a team that should reload next year, not rebuild.

Yea, but we need a qb. It's hard to say which we should get first. If we get a good qb, he is going to have to put up with this line. If we get a better line, they are going to have to put up with Jay. I don't think we are giong to be able to find much good for a qb in the nfl, we are going to have to draft someone and mold them into what we need.

I think that it is easier to find a free agent OL out there then a franchise QB. I say trade up, get Eli Manning in Miami, drop some high priced, overpaid guys and set out in free agency to get some O-linemen that can block. The Dolphins dont have high picks in the draft because they finish middle of the pack or better. So------ unless they trade up, they will never even get a look at Manning.

I dont agree wholeheartedly that the Dolphins dont need to rebuild. I say keep a core of the defense and some of the offense and start with a new plan with a new staff.

It's just bad timing, by the time we get this offense going, our defense won't be here anymore.

We do need to get a good qb like manning in here, and your right it is easier to find an ol than a franchise qb out there. If any good OL personel become available we need to make a strong push for them..

We definetly need a boost to our O line. Probably a couple of better tackles since that is where most of the damage is done. I do believe we can win a SB with Jay because of, and only because of, Ricky.

An O line that can pass protect and run block is hard to come by, but it can be done. Our D can allow us to win low scoring games, thus eliminating the need for Jay to put the ball in the air too much. I'm afraid there is not a QB that will be available in the next year to make too much of a difference at the position. We don't have much time left with this excellent D so let's not waste it.

Draft & FA for O line and a WR this year. Perhaps BG will be satisfactory behind a decent o line. Jay is better behind crap buit who wants to keep our o line plkaying like crap. Behind a good line BG makes better throws. If no ring next year draft a franchise QB (some decent money on the D will be gone, Marion, Seau, Bowens).

If we draft a qb in the first round

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
It's just bad timing, by the time we get this offense going, our defense won't be here anymore.

We do need to get a good qb like manning in here, and your right it is easier to find an ol than a franchise qb out there. If any good OL personel become available we need to make a strong push for them..

That means we concede next year and we are in full blown rebuilding mode. Eli Manning sounds great on paper, but he's not feasible for getting us a ring now and especially with our defense getting older.

I would not mind seeing Mark Brunell here and drafting a QB.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I would not mind seeing Mark Brunell here and drafting a QB.

That's what I would like, too.

I want to see Mark Brunell and Jay competing for the starting job. Of course, that requires that both of them sign (or restructure) cheap and agree to battle in camp. I think that can be done if the team can show the sort of improvement that will allow them to contend for a title next year, though.

i hope so...i think Brunell would come down to miami and be cheaper than you all think...he has a nice touch when throwing the long ball...but we need to get some new o-line bodies in there...he is old and he can't take big hits like before.

There is no way we can start a rebuilding job right now. Miami's defense is peaking right now and with the personel they have it can only last for another two years. Miami's best chance is to restructure contracts and get some OL and WR help next year.

Back
Top Bottom