We Signed A Rt From The Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Signed A Rt From The Bills

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article230216959.html

Some interesting and alarming things in this signing. They are trying to get some linemen to compete but:

The team has agreed to terms with ex-Bills lineman Jordan Mills, marking Miami’s first foray into the post-May 7 free agency period.

The timing of the deal does not impact Miami’s 2020 compensatory picks, expected to be a third- and a fifth-round pick.

And it is lockstep with Chris Grier’s go-young, go-cheap philosophy. Mills’ contract terms? One year, $3 million.

Mills joins the Dolphins after starting every game for Buffalo the last three seasons.

While offensive line coach Pat Flaherty said Thursday that the Dolphins will hold an “open” competition at right tackle between Mills, Zach Sterup and Isaiah Prince during training camp, it would be stunning if Mills does not start Week 1 on Josh Rosen’s strong side.

The Bills gave up 41 sacks in 2018, 14th most in football. Granted, the Dolphins allowed 52 sacks last year, so that would be an improvement.

Mills was the 70th-rated tackle in football last year, according to Pro Football Focus, with an average grade. He has played 1,000 snaps in each of the past three seasons. He’s one of just seven NFL tackles to do so.

Since 2016, Mills allowed the most pressures allowed by any Bills lineman and posted the lowest pass-blocking grade of any of the team’s qualifying offensive linemen.

“He’s a veteran,” Flaherty said. “He’s played a lot of football. He was in Buffalo this past season. Being and watching tape from week to week, you have a lot of crossover tapes, so I had an opportunity to see him there. I think he’s a good football player. Still, even though he’s been in the league a little bit, he’s got a high ceiling and he can even get better at a lot of things he’s doing. We’re excited about having him.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article230216959.html#storylink=cpy

Hmm. Cheap. Doesn't seem to get hurt. Starting RT for a squad last 3 seasons. Fine. See what he can do in our system and still keep an ear to the free agent ground.

He was awful for them, but I don't expect much from the island of misfit toys in free agency

He was awful for them, but I don't expect much from the island of misfit toys in free agency

Yeah, he doesn’t look too promising. Just adds some veteran competition I guess.

Back
Top Bottom