we was the steal of the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we was the steal of the draft?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
my pick is Will Poole or Tony Bua I know they are both guys the Dolphins drafted but thats not my reason, my reason is that both of them we contribute to the team and both were projected day 1 picks

I have yet to see Bua as a day one pick. Do you have links? In fact, one source I found had him as a late 7th player. That seems crazy to me, but it's true...

I like both picks and agree Poole probably was one of the biggest steals...

Just don't think Bua was that much of a steal. I like most had never heard of the guy until he was drafted.

Poole has to rank up there. I hope I'm wrong on this one now, but Wilfork could be a steal even at 21.Again, I hope I'm wrong with him since we didn't get him. The other steal imho will be Pape who I think will start for us in the near future.

Ozzy rules!!

According to the Huddlereport we received a better grade than the Pats for value. Poole and Pape were both steals. Carey and Pope were both within 6 picks of where they should have been. Bua was a reach according to the board but many experts think at a minimum he will be an outstanding special teams player. Hadnot was a reach and was supposed to go undrafted, but there was a run on centers and 4 or 5 other teams were reaching for centers that weren't supposed to be drafted. Wanny said he was a target so I guess they moved up to be sure they got him.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/

:eek: Tony Bua steal of the draft ??

It's seemingly too early to say who will pan out and who won't BUT based on scouts rankings and projections these would be the steals of the draft IMO:

Rd 2 63rd pick py NE: Marquise Hill
Rd 3 73rd pick by Tennessee : Randy Starks
Rd 5 142nd pick by Atlanta : Chad Lavalais
Rd 5 158th pick by St Louis: Jason Shivers

You can add Poole to that list...

fairbanksb said:
According to the Huddlereport we received a better grade than the Pats for value. Poole and Pape were both steals. Carey and Pope were both within 6 picks of where they should have been. Bua was a reach according to the board but many experts think at a minimum he will be an outstanding special teams player. Hadnot was a reach and was supposed to go undrafted, but there was a run on centers and 4 or 5 other teams were reaching for centers that weren't supposed to be drafted. Wanny said he was a target so I guess they moved up to be sure they got him.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/

I like that site's evaluation, they gave the Jets an A and the highest ranking of any AFC East team :D

"Poole" and "steal" in the same sentance. Ah, it's been a while.

Soapoaga (sp)
The DT from Hawaii taken by SF in the 4th rd. I forgot what the standard bench press LBage is but he benched i forgot the amount.. but 41 times.. hes amazingly strong bc hes samoan... i think he will be good

Simpleton said:
"Poole" and "steal" in the same sentance. Ah, it's been a while.
:lol: :cry:

They are certainly high enuf on him to talk about him competing with Sam instead of Howard in the future

Back
Top Bottom