We were the best defense the Denver Broncos faced all year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We were the best defense the Denver Broncos faced all year.

CashInFist

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I can't remember who from Denver said we would be the best defense they would face the rest of the season, but he was right on the money.

Look at the games the Broncos played this year:

Game-by-game results Denver Broncos:

Miami Dolphins | L | 10-34

San Diego Chargers | W | 20-17

Kansas City Chiefs | W | 30-10

at Jacksonville Jaguars | W | 20- 7

Washington Redskins | W | 21-19

New England Patriots | W | 28-20

at New York Giants | L | 23-24

Philadelphia Eagles | W | 49-21

at Oakland Raiders | W | 31-17

New York Jets | W | 27- 0

at Dallas Cowboys | W | 24-21

at Kansas City Chiefs | L | 27-31

Baltimore Ravens | W | 12-10

at Buffalo Bills | W | 28-17

Oakland Raiders | W | 22- 3

at San Diego Chargers | W | 23- 7

No postseason

Team Offense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD 278 466 3373 7.24 18 7 542 2539 4.68 25 5912NFL rank ---> 24 25 20 10 22 2 2 2 4 3 4Team Defense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD 344 613 3643 5.94 20 20 344 1363 3.96 10 5006NFL rank ---> 31 32 29 6 20 6 1 2 15 10 15

LINK: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den2005.htm

We owned them like noone else has all season, and they have a team that could win it all. We are definately headed in the right direction. I am very pleased with Nick Saban right now.

don't fumble said:
the guy was rod smith

Thanks. :dolphins:

EDIT: Sorry about the ugly looking first post. It took me a couple of minutes to fix it. A little easier to read now. :D

yeah we beat a great team

And we also lost to the browns badly

A single game means nothing other than one win on the year, especially when that game was opening day

Yeah, but that was all the way back in week 1. We did to a great job against them, but their team got better as the season went on.

Alex22 said:
yeah we beat a great team

And we also lost to the browns badly

A single game means nothing other than one win on the year, especially when that game was opening day

So are you saying we were not the best defense the Broncos played all season?

CashInFist said:

Actually we wernt

That would go to the jaguars or even possibly the chargers

We are the most up and coming defense they played but we still have way to many holes to say we were the best they faced all year, we had to many games where we gave up to many points to be called the best they played

CashInFist said:

Miami may have played the best defense that anybody played against them all season (which might be arguable), but if you're stating the Miami defense as a whole is the best defense they faced, then I disagree.

Miami's defense played well against the pass in that game, but the secondary ranged from mediocre to atrocious the rest of the year. And the run defense could be porous at times as well.

rod smith was the guy and sence then they have been having there way with defences im really pissed cause we deserved to be in the playoffs i truley belive we could have beaten the pats last week...... the jags did not deservre to go and they showed it the stunk up the place they looked pathetic.....

We had the element of surprise going in.They had no idea what they were facing and they underestimated this team.

it's amazing how close to a 15-1 team they could be... should have won the Giants game, at least...

Ol' Saint Nick said:
The sun was the best defense the Denver Broncos faced all year.

Jimmy Cefalo said that the Broncos were all "Wooooweee" and "Damn it's hot".....coming out of the tunnell!!

Yeah we were tough that day. But those guys were dying in the 2nd quarter. Denver had as bad a day as it gets. And it was Week 1. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of how good we were. Certainly not how good they were.

I think Washington was the best defense Denver faced all year, with San Diego the nastiest front seven they faced all year.

Redskins, Chargers, Jaguars...

We sure played them well, though, that's true.

We're only as good as our last game, so right now we're only as good as barely beating the Pats 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Back
Top Bottom